Bad
Good

My son attended Bell Prairie for 4 years, from 2nd--5th grade. It was a fantastic experience for him. Each teacher he had was very professional, but also very kind to the class. I feel that he received an excellent education in a very beautiful setting. Bell Prairie feels like a big family and is very welcoming and easy to fit in.

Bell Prairie is an amazing school with amazing teachers. Our principal is a quiet, gentle woman whose calm personality is reflected in the entire school. Prior to Bell Prairie being built, my children attended another local school and I always found it a bit loud and crazy when I went there for anything. I think Bell Prairie is a wonderful school especially for shy or quiet children who may feel overwhelmed with a loud, seemingly unorganized school. We feel blessed that it was built so near our home!

Two years ago My husband and I began looking at houses in the Staley Farm area. The elementary school is Bell Prairie for this subdivision. We arranged a tour of the school as we have twin boys who were on the cusp of starting kindergarten. Bell Prairie is a beautiful school with a roof top garden and lots of natural light. It would be a nice museum but is a terrible elementary school. The teachers I met were politely cool. A couple even asked where my husband was employed at (a professor at UMKC in the Bio-Chemistry department. I'm sure the sporting of the the converses by the DOCTOR but them off a bit.) The principal was cold and uncaring. I am thrilled we took a tour! We also toured Nashua before deciding on Fox Hill, only two miles away from Bell Prairie but so much friendlier with students and learning involved. All that glitters is not gold.

Last modified Bell Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.