Bad
Good

Martin City (MC) K-8 is an AWESOME school. I love that our daughter has been able to attend since kindergarten & is now an 8th grader. She has gotten an outstanding education & benefited from a caring, dedicated, involved & talented teaching staff. Teachers are approachable. They are quick to address & respond to any concerns. Staff keep parents involved in the problem solving & overall educational processes. Communication is consistent and received in several formats. Administrators know us & our child by name. We are invited to participate in school events, field trips & PTA activities. There are various extra curricular events in which students can be involved. We enjoyed Honor Choir beginning at 4th grade. The whole music program is outstanding & they have an award winning Jazz Band at the Middle School. FYI ~ sports are added at Middle School. The school is diverse & students interact well. MC teaches all students to set goals & work to achieve them. Students learn that THEY are in charge of their future. Beginning in elementary school, MC students participate in the Science Fair so students can grow into more technical projects. Parent involvement is key to school success.

I noticed most of the reviews are old. In recent years, 2014, the elem principal is only seen when district cameras or food is available. The elem asst principal is wishy and sometimes speaks and other times looks out as if she doesn't know you. Parents are misled and students are taunted by teachers if they don't pass benchmarks. Teachers have literally yelled out to students pass or fail in front of other students. Poorly managed institution

We have been incredibly blessed to live near this school. The early childhood in the area is wonderful, too. The special education teachers are very caring and equipped to deal with a multitude of special needs. They have gone out of their way to help my sons with services, even though they are in regular classes. The assistant principal is fair, but stern, and knows the students by name. The front desk staff at the elementary and middle school are extremely friendly and helpful. The autism department is great and my neighbor's son is in their program. The school has everything we need AND a great before and after school program, LINC. The employees have a low turnover rate. The cafeteria ladies are nice and considerate and care about food allergies. The nurse is friendly and makes sure medications are dispensed. Even ISS has a caring teacher! Every teacher there has been amazing and this is the school to be at if you're in the Grandview School District. Negatives - There is low parent involvement and the middle school shares a building.

Wonderful school. I can't beleive how much my child has learned this year.

This is my daughters first year at Martin City and I am very impressed with the level of learning she has received from her 4th grade teacher Ms. Walters.

The teachers are fantastic. The principal is involved and personable. It has been a great experience for my kids.

I work in the Before and After School Program, this school is excellent I wish I had a young child that could attend this school the teachers are helpful, friendly and very nice. They go out of their way to make you feel apart of the school. The principles are also very helpful and fair. I love working here.

My children transferred into Martin City Elem. this school year. I love it! I am secure in knowing that they are in a safe and nurturing environment where teachers work a meeting the individual needs of each child. The class sizes seem large, but that does not take away from the individual attention each child receives.

i really like the school. and so far very pleased with thw teachers my child has had

I have a son at MCE starting 2nd grade and a son in MCMS starting 7th grade next year. The academic programs at MCE are excellent. They introduced 'Reading Night' a couple years ago and it just keeps getting better and better!I would like to see more after-school activities--available for all grades. I have been involved in the PTA for 6 years and will be PTA President 2007/2008. There is a core group of parents (many full-time working) who spend many hours making all the events possible at the school for students, families and staff. I would love to see more parents give even 1, 2 or 3 hours this coming year. We have opportunities to fit everyone's time frame! MCE is a great school and I would recommend to anyone. The principal and assistant principal are wonderful and love the kids deeply!

Last modified Martin City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.