Kansas City, MO
Before care: Yes

Posted August 07, 2014
Martin City (MC) K-8 is an AWESOME school. I love that our daughter has been able to attend since kindergarten & is now an 8th grader. She has gotten an outstanding education & benefited from a caring, dedicated, involved & talented teaching staff. Teachers are approachable. They are quick to address & respond to any concerns. Staff keep parents involved in the problem solving & overall educational processes. Communication is consistent and received in several formats. Administrators know us & our child by name. We are invited to participate in school events, field trips & PTA activities. There are various extra curricular events in which students can be involved. We enjoyed Honor Choir beginning at 4th grade. The whole music program is outstanding & they have an award winning Jazz Band at the Middle School. FYI ~ sports are added at Middle School. The school is diverse & students interact well. MC teaches all students to set goals & work to achieve them. Students learn that THEY are in charge of their future. Beginning in elementary school, MC students participate in the Science Fair so students can grow into more technical projects. Parent involvement is key to school success.

Martin City Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2014
I noticed most of the reviews are old. In recent years, 2014, the elem principal is only seen when district cameras or food is available. The elem asst principal is wishy and sometimes speaks and other times looks out as if she doesn't know you. Parents are misled and students are taunted by teachers if they don't pass benchmarks. Teachers have literally yelled out to students pass or fail in front of other students. Poorly managed institution

Posted September 29, 2013
We have been incredibly blessed to live near this school. The early childhood in the area is wonderful, too. The special education teachers are very caring and equipped to deal with a multitude of special needs. They have gone out of their way to help my sons with services, even though they are in regular classes. The assistant principal is fair, but stern, and knows the students by name. The front desk staff at the elementary and middle school are extremely friendly and helpful. The autism department is great and my neighbor's son is in their program. The school has everything we need AND a great before and after school program, LINC. The employees have a low turnover rate. The cafeteria ladies are nice and considerate and care about food allergies. The nurse is friendly and makes sure medications are dispensed. Even ISS has a caring teacher! Every teacher there has been amazing and this is the school to be at if you're in the Grandview School District. Negatives - There is low parent involvement and the middle school shares a building.

Martin City Elementary School 0

Posted April 07, 2010
Wonderful school. I can't beleive how much my child has learned this year.

Martin City Elementary School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
This is my daughters first year at Martin City and I am very impressed with the level of learning she has received from her 4th grade teacher Ms. Walters.

Posted July 11, 2009

Posted May 12, 2009
The teachers are fantastic. The principal is involved and personable. It has been a great experience for my kids.

Posted September 16, 2008
I work in the Before and After School Program, this school is excellent I wish I had a young child that could attend this school the teachers are helpful, friendly and very nice. They go out of their way to make you feel apart of the school. The principles are also very helpful and fair. I love working here.

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted October 10, 2007
My children transferred into Martin City Elem. this school year. I love it! I am secure in knowing that they are in a safe and nurturing environment where teachers work a meeting the individual needs of each child. The class sizes seem large, but that does not take away from the individual attention each child receives.

Martin City Elementary School
201 East 133rd St, Kansas City, MO  64145
Last modified Martin City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin City Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top