Posted October 27, 2014
Dobbs is a failing school. Do not send your child here or buy property in the area. The staff is mostly new and the principal. The behavior children run the school and the teachers are the surrounding districts non renewals. The grade card is a joke. Students only get grades based off of test and nothing else. The state needs to take over Hickman immediately I have no faith in this district. I am pulling my student out as well.

Posted October 01, 2014
We had to pull our children out of this school this year. It is totally unacceptable. There's a good reason it only has two out of ten. They've replaced (fired?) the principal, but it's too little too late. Our kids are thriving now that they don't need to worry about getting jumped by hoodlums, then ignored by the under-staffed employees who are frustrated and stretched too thin. Gifted children will be bored out of their minds at this school. The one day a week they are sent by bus, to go to enrichment classes, was the bright spot of their week. It's called pep/code/ace, and it's what passes for gifted education in this provisionally accredited school district. If you care about your children's safety, educational prospects, emotional well being, and what kind of classmates they will have to deal with, then exercise due diligence. Avoid this place like the plague.

Posted June 22, 2010
Dobbs is the best school i have ever heard of the teachers were nice the princepal and conselors were wonderfu. you got treated with respect, i was once a student at dobbs elementary it is better than any school i have been too. i will never forget dobbs and the wonderful teachers i once had. -Chelsae Class of 2014

Dobbs Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2009
i think dobbs is a great school i would reccomend it to other children's parents.dobbs is a fun learning community

Dobbs Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2009
I have had two children attend this school. When my oldest daughter attended 3 yrs ago the school was very affective in all aspects. However, since my youngest has started attending this school I have seen the way things have changed ... it hasn't totally gone down hill but well on it's way. The lack of overall parental support for the school as well as the children is really disappointing.

Posted December 14, 2008

Posted May 19, 2008

Dobbs Elementary School 2

Posted December 04, 2006
I have two children in Dobbs right now. I cant wait for them to be done and out of this school. For a school that is so anti bullying, it really doesn't want to do anything about bullying when it happens. If we had the money our kids would be in private school right now and not in a school that seems to not care much about the students well being. My sons teacher is awesome in all aspects. I wish the school was as deserving of her as the children.

Posted March 15, 2005
My kids attended Dobbs from K-5 grade. This is an excellent school. The teachers care about the quality of education, and the principal is committed to maintaining a safe atmosphere for students. Too bad they only go to 5th grade. I wish my kids could have had a few more yers there.

Dobbs Elementary School
9400 Eastern, Kansas City, MO  64138
Last modified Dobbs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dobbs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top