Posted August 10, 2014
I like this school. My daughter's teacher was very involved and anywhere my daughter was lacking she communicated that to me and also belief to improve my daughter's reading and math skills. My onlycomplaint is, I believe the food choices for the children should be revised and more nutritional and filling for breakfast and lunch. I didn't interact much with the principal he didn't seem too involved. However, the teachers made up for where he lacked.

Posted July 25, 2014
My daughter went to this school, and it's not a good school for the disable, my daughter was bully everyday and the teacher and principal did not know what to do, the principal has a bad attitude, he judge my daughter before he new she was disabled, he tried to bully the kids in being good,instead of talking to them,I just don't think it's a good school

Warford Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2014
The school itself I don't think is bad. However, the principal, from my experience, needs to be replaced. He has no consideration or apparently any experience working with children who have ADHD or other psychological/behavior disabilities. This is my son's second year (1st grade) and I cannot wait to get him out of this school and out of this district. The teacher he had last year was horrible, personality wise. She did everything possible to get my son out of her hair, whereas the teacher this year is great. More so, the principal is the problem, from my experiences. He is totally against alternative methods of discipline and totally against diverse methods of teaching for children with issues. I had to go as far as making a complaint with the Civil Rights Office through the Department of Education, due to the school's lack of effort to offer my son alternative solutions, before the principal just consistently threatens to kick him out of school. He actually did kick him out of school last year, but unfortunately, my son had to come back. He most definitely will not be attending this school for his 2nd grade year, or any other year for that matter.

Posted November 08, 2013
The previous post about this school is inaccurate. The overall atmosphere of the school is poor; students are not treated with the respect that the school motto states, yet all students are required to repeat this every morning. My daughter has been bullied, first by one student and now by the entire classroom, since the beginning of the school year. The issue has not been effectively addressed at all and continues even while the teacher is present. In essence, the teachers do not care about their students. Teachers are unfair in their discipline and deal harshly with students when parents are not present (I've witnessed this). The principal is only concerned with test scores and attendance and not about the environment of his school and this effects learning and the way students and teachers treat each other. My advice would be to not send your child to this school if you are considering it. I am removing mine for their well-being before it is completely crushed.

Posted October 13, 2013
The school provides a welcoming atmosphere. The parents and staff that stay involved really try to provide a healthy and learning environment. Teachers and PTA work together to try and keep parents informed. The LINC staff (before and after care) do the best they can with the tools available. Don't underestimate the affordability and value of this particular school. This school is only a few steps away from being above average to excellent. A little extra funding or the right teacher or parent can make the difference where a school like this already provides the stable and fundamental building blocks necessary. The PTA provides the right environment and could just use a few more key parents.

Warford Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2013
While no school is perfect I believe that Warford is the best school in the Hickman Mills District. My children have been to Sante Fe, Symimgton, and Ingles as well and they all say that Warford was the best. There were things that I had issues with but nothing compared to what I have had to deal with in some of the other elementary schools in this district. My youngest had an awesome kindergarten experience there so much so that we wished that she could have attended this school year.

Posted October 12, 2008
I've often thought of moving my children to one of the suburban schools thinking that they will receive a better education there. After talking to friends with children in Lee's Summit, Blue Springs and the surrounding area. I realize that the education my children are receiving at Warford is the same if not better than the other districts. The teachers here do care about teaching and the children. I've read several reviews (see below) and realized that the key to a quality education is the parents. Do I wish the environment was better, yes but only for the upper (5th) grade (preteens). My children are doing well because I am actively involved in their education academically and socially. If something happens at school I am aware of it early so that the concern can be corrected.I sincerely hope that others do the same rather than complain.

Warford Elementary School 5

Posted October 01, 2008
Good school especially for special needs. My 3rd grade son is autistic. They have done a great job with him since kindergarten. My daughter is a first grader. She was tested right away in Kindergarted for the gifted program and goes once a week. As with many other schools in America, the curriculum there should be more challenging for students. Otherwise, I've only seen mostly positive things from this school.

Warford Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2008
I love Warford Elementary and look forward to my preschooler attending with her older sibling. The school community is filled with loving and involved parents and caregivers. I only wish there were more male teachers and caregivers onsite. A lot of the children from single parent homes could benefit.

Posted April 11, 2008
We should be allowed to remove our children from an unsafe setting where they are being tortured not taught, and put them into a school were they can actually learn something other than racial slurs and how to fight. We pay taxes for a school that should be shut down. My daughter does not sleep good anymore, she's quiet and withdrawn and worried that she will get her butt kicked after school. She's only in 1st grade. Missouri should be ashamed of this situation.

Warford Elementary School
11400 Cleveland, Kansas City, MO  64137
Last modified Warford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warford Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top