Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The special needs teachers are below par in terms of their experience and expertise of helping children with special needs. Some regular ed. teachers are effective at inspiring their students. I would not recommend this school for special needs children.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Home work is not adjusted to accommodate the needs of children with disabilities. This induces frustration in the child with disabilities and a feeling that they cannot succeed.

Develops character: Disagree

The staff and administration lack honesty, integrity and fairness when faced with accommodating special needs children. If they believe a parent is ignorant of their rights or the rights of their special needs child as provided under I.D.E.A., they will work to effectively bully the parent into thinking there is nothing more they can offer the child. Then they categorize the child as having behavioral issues unrelated to their disability and refuse to document suspensions for these "behaviors."

This school does not accommodate special needs children. The Lead Sped Coordinator and administration, especially the principal, seek to bully parents and special needs students out of their rights and grossly violate I.D.E.A.. If you have a child with special needs in this school, I recommend you reach out to an advocate for advocacy assistance. You should know you have a long and laborious road ahead to achieve accommodations for your child. I have walked in on my special needs child being yelled at by staff to "shut up." The staff and administration make a point to refuse properly documenting incidents involving special needs children. Contact an advocate and learn to demand your child's rights.

I like this school. My daughter's teacher was very involved and anywhere my daughter was lacking she communicated that to me and also belief to improve my daughter's reading and math skills. My onlycomplaint is, I believe the food choices for the children should be revised and more nutritional and filling for breakfast and lunch. I didn't interact much with the principal he didn't seem too involved. However, the teachers made up for where he lacked.

My daughter went to this school, and it's not a good school for the disable, my daughter was bully everyday and the teacher and principal did not know what to do, the principal has a bad attitude, he judge my daughter before he new she was disabled, he tried to bully the kids in being good,instead of talking to them,I just don't think it's a good school

The school itself I don't think is bad. However, the principal, from my experience, needs to be replaced. He has no consideration or apparently any experience working with children who have ADHD or other psychological/behavior disabilities. This is my son's second year (1st grade) and I cannot wait to get him out of this school and out of this district. The teacher he had last year was horrible, personality wise. She did everything possible to get my son out of her hair, whereas the teacher this year is great. More so, the principal is the problem, from my experiences. He is totally against alternative methods of discipline and totally against diverse methods of teaching for children with issues. I had to go as far as making a complaint with the Civil Rights Office through the Department of Education, due to the school's lack of effort to offer my son alternative solutions, before the principal just consistently threatens to kick him out of school. He actually did kick him out of school last year, but unfortunately, my son had to come back. He most definitely will not be attending this school for his 2nd grade year, or any other year for that matter.

The previous post about this school is inaccurate. The overall atmosphere of the school is poor; students are not treated with the respect that the school motto states, yet all students are required to repeat this every morning. My daughter has been bullied, first by one student and now by the entire classroom, since the beginning of the school year. The issue has not been effectively addressed at all and continues even while the teacher is present. In essence, the teachers do not care about their students. Teachers are unfair in their discipline and deal harshly with students when parents are not present (I've witnessed this). The principal is only concerned with test scores and attendance and not about the environment of his school and this effects learning and the way students and teachers treat each other. My advice would be to not send your child to this school if you are considering it. I am removing mine for their well-being before it is completely crushed.

The school provides a welcoming atmosphere. The parents and staff that stay involved really try to provide a healthy and learning environment. Teachers and PTA work together to try and keep parents informed. The LINC staff (before and after care) do the best they can with the tools available. Don't underestimate the affordability and value of this particular school. This school is only a few steps away from being above average to excellent. A little extra funding or the right teacher or parent can make the difference where a school like this already provides the stable and fundamental building blocks necessary. The PTA provides the right environment and could just use a few more key parents.

While no school is perfect I believe that Warford is the best school in the Hickman Mills District. My children have been to Sante Fe, Symimgton, and Ingles as well and they all say that Warford was the best. There were things that I had issues with but nothing compared to what I have had to deal with in some of the other elementary schools in this district. My youngest had an awesome kindergarten experience there so much so that we wished that she could have attended this school year.

Last modified Warford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.