Bad
Good

George Washington Carver Dual Language School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
This school has been closed along with many other schools in the KCMO school district.

George Washington Carver Dual Language School 4

Posted December 28, 2009
I have 2 children one a daughter the other a son attending and both are doing great. The teachers have been very supportive and helpful and I have no problems with the school. Love the dual language program. One thing I will say though is that if you are looking for the teachers to raise your kids for you then you may not like it very much. But if you actually provide home training to your kids you should have no problems. I do notice that there are tons of misbehaved children there however in my opinion that is the parents fault not the schools.

Posted August 12, 2009
the same here with my son, who is very gifted and his response was he did nothing. he will be home taught this coming year. Sorry, but, the KC schools need to be conpletely updated as these children will not have the chance to further their education and succeed in the business world. I might add. to date, we have had no records to his map test results from fifth grade on. iWe need these grades to show us his potencial, due to his grades his first folur grades were in the upper perc ential.

Posted February 17, 2009
This is a great school. They have a new dual-language program implemented this year and the work they are doing with the kids is wonderful. My children are learning two languages and the staff and teachers are great!

Posted July 02, 2008
My daughters only spent 6 months there. I would not refer this school or any school in the kcmo district to any parent. One of my daughters is gifted her need to be challenged in the classroom went completely ignored. Both daughters before attending Swinney read well above grade level after six months in the school my oldest daughter (so they say) tested to read below grade level. I don't know how that is possible when she's been reading above grade level since kindergarten. There was a severe lack of communication. The children were out of control. My daughters said the teachers never taught class, that they spent all day yelling at the students. I wish that I had never trusted this school with something as critical as my children's education. My daughters were let down and I was let down.

George Washington Carver Dual Language School 1

Posted May 02, 2006
I had heard nothing but good things about this school before I enrolled my daughter. I am not impressed at all. She has been there since kindergarten, and now she is in the second grade. Not since her first year has she had a stable classroom environment. No teacher seems to stay. The children behave extremely poorly. I am taking her out of there after this school year--and I will never suggest this school to anyone.

4600 Elmwood Ave, Kansas City, MO  64130
Last modified George Washington Carver Dual Language School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.