Bad
Good

Paseo is a great school art programs are phenomenal . the school is clean safe and the teachers are great this is one of the best public high schools in Kansas City in my opinion

This is a great school but they need to expel kids that are constantly bullying the same kids. This is the only problem and I think the teachers are great but the VP doesn't follow thru with certain things. Maybe if the school had more money it could be used for their special needs class.

Pros: They have a great library and the staff is very friendly. All the arts programs are well funded and award winning. The building is fairly new (opened in 1991). The halls are filled with top quality art projects. There are field trips nearly every week. Cons: There are field trips nearly every week. The core subjects suffer. Discipline at Paseo is lacking. From the principal on down the school gives students far too many chances. Teacher turnover is high. Attendance is low. Classrooms are not equipped with Smart Boards like many nearby schools have. Much of the technology they have is not being used to it s full potential. There are no sports. The custodial staff could be better managed. There is a sink in the bathroom that has been leaking for months all over the floor.

Paseo does suffer from some of the organizational problems that plague all KMSD schools, but that is more than made up for by an incredible level of energy and enthusiasm for learning and creativity that is contagious. I felt perfectly prepared for college. There are lots of opportunities for driven students to live up to their best potential in math, science and English as well as the arts. However, I would not recommend Paseo for students who have no ambition and need to be pushed to succeed, because that will not happen.

I attended Paseo and I feel that it was not a the best school! There are so many things that we as students and as teachers could change to make it better. We have no sports. So many students are missing out on scholarships and the oppurtunity on attendeding college for free and there on this whole kick about how we should focus more on our majors but they hardly even do that.

I went to Paseo and I gained knowledge and real life problem-solving skills that will carry me the rest of my life..

i attend paseo and i know i have a really cool school, but there are somethings i know my school could work on to make me feel even more proud about attending paseo. i dont feel that all of my teachers are here because they want to help young minds grow, but i feel they are only here to make a paycheck. we have ALOT of differen programs that are fun and educational but we dont have fieldtrips that allow us to take our learnings to a higher level, and i would love it if we did.

Yes Paseo is the school to be at. We have great academics, were learning, we have numerous extra curricular activites and it's all about the arts.

Last modified Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.