Bad
Good

This school is terrible. If I could i would give it no stars. I went here from 2nd to 4th grade about 12 years ago and it doesn't sound like much has changed. The school and teachers' disciplinary methods were either way too strict or too neglectful. Fights broke out among older kids regularly and the teachers watching never stepped in. There was no constructive extracurricular activities, the teachers humiliate the children publicly and call it discipline and I can recall two scandals that made the news. Once when I attended and two third grade teachers stripped search the kids in an effort to find 5 dollars that went missing, and another a few years later when the kindergarten teachers were caught duct taping children to their seats. Who in their right mind could possibly think that is appropriate and acceptable conduct?! I would never send my kid here or recommend anyone else does either. I carry actual emotional trauma from attending this school. It needs to be shut the hell down.

Bad school for your child to attend. The curriculum is descent. Bullying is a major problem with nothinhg being done on bus as well. The principle has the worst attitude, rude, flutered and doesn't try to work with the best for your child so how can u expect the teachers to do so! My child told me that another parent hit my child, the first theing the principle said my son wasn't telling the truth. It came back that it did happened and she said she would follow up with me but didn't. I called several times beforr getting ahold of het and she said she couldn't give me any information. I've sat at this school plenty times, my child has no more energy than others and they makw it seem like he is a problem child. In which he isn't. He was put on a bus twice when he wasnt supposed to be they were looking around the school for while he was sitting at home in the pooring rain. I was furious especially being that when I asked initially the principle said they would not have put him on. My son came home almost everyday saying his day was bad because of the teacher. He was unhappy here. He is an extremely smart student and im also not sure if he is challenged enough here.

some of the teachers only care about the curriculum the bullying there is unreal it has went as my daughter being sexually harassed to my son getting beat up in the bathroom nothing is ever done except if it has something to do with the grades of the students dont get me wrong there are a few good teachers there

Pitcher Academy - All the good teachers are gone or held back from actually teaching our children. I have yet to see one school book come home. Dr. Howard does not support her teachers or parents. We are looking else where to send our kids for the 2013-2014 school year. Pitcher does not offer much.

I believe the school has good teachers, some better then others. Just hope your child has the right one... The after school tutoring is amazing and the best program the school has to offer and as far as the LINK program, its OK. Some of the LINK helpers are extremely unorganized and young acting... Over all I would like the school to be a bit more organized and the children to have more structure in the LINK program.

This school is the wrost school you ever put your children in.

There are a lot of good teachers at Pitcher, but the problem lays with the principle. She doesn't support the teachers and she doesn't want to listen to the parents either. These children don't get field trips, and their is no fun activities for them to participate in. We do fund raisers to help but never see anything from them. Where does the money go?

Last modified Pitcher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.