Bad
Good

I have been trying to get report cards, progress reports, and attendance records for my daughter, who attends Kansas, MO - East High School. I have spoken to Miss Mosby at the school on six (6) dates since the beginning of the 2014/2015 school year. I have also left a voice mail with the principle. I have never received any information by mail, nor have I ever received a return phone call. This seems like a great way to encourage a school/parent relationship. "NOT"

EAST HIGH SCHOOL worst school ever!!! It doesn't help bullying cause teachers just stand by and look. My child has sometimes comed home crying that he has been bullied and that teachers administrators don't pay attetion as a concern dont send your child here. That's why my child is now attending the Independence school district.

Van Horn has become a school that truly encouragies learning! Teachers here really care and take time to build relationships with studeants. So, students are doing great too! Van Horn Rocks!

I am a recent graduate of Van Horn. I am proud to say that this school has made a full turn around from what it once was! The teachers and staff really cared about what grades we got, they helped us catch up on missing assignments and overall made the school a better place. Van Horn has major potential and highly talented students from what I have seen this year.

At first, I was worried about sending my little girl to Van Horn. However, I couldn't be happier with her success and the success of the transformation of Van Horn. I believe Van Horn High School will become the better of the three Independence High Schools in no time at all, if they aren't already. Go Van Horn! #1 Baseball Team in Independence.

I am a proud parent of a current Van Horn student. At first we were worried how it would be but I have to tell you that we are so glad we made the decision to send our son to Van Horn. I feel like the teachers are there to help the students learn and to use their full potential. I think Van Horn will be one of the better high schools in the area in the upcoming years. I am very proud to be associated with this school.

I believe that anyone who has submitted a rating before September of 2008 doesn't have a clear picture of the 'new' Van Horn High School. The high school and its 'feeder schools' have left the Kansas City school district and are now proud parts of the Independence School District. Complaints about trash and teachers have been addressed in a very postitive way. I'd love to see what people would write now if they visited the school today! Great things are happening at Van Horn today!!!

I am a 2005 graduate of Van Horn High School, while at Van Horn there were just a few teachers who really cared about the students and was one of the best performing high schools in the KC district. I think now that Van Horn is now a part of the Independence School District the high school will stand out more academic wise and the school facilities will be more updated

Top Notch. Best School in the area. I couldn't ask for more in a learning institution. Keep it up! As with any educational centers, the complainer's are usually students and parents of students who are not performing up to par.

Van Horn is a great school with beautiful teachers and students.

Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.