Bad
Good

I have a third grader and a Kindergarten student. We have been more and more pleased with every year our kids attend. The teachers and administrators are responsive. The parents are involved. There is a great feeling of community and acceptance. My kids and I love it!

My daughter has attended this school since kindergarten. Not only is she excelling in her foreign language mastery, she is excelling at English reading/writing as well. This can solely be contributed to not only an amazing teaching staff, but a great principal as well. The faculty evidently cares about the success of your student. She has always had homework since the start of kindergarten and now. We have had a great rapport with all of her teachers and received prompt response from not only teachers but the principal as well whenever we have had a concern. I would recommend this school for anyone and constantly sing its praises!

As a former student of this school. I highly recommend parents take their children to this school. The education is excellent and the subjects the teachers teach are excellent. Yes some of the teachers are a little strict due to the country they are from. But when your child gets older the strictness is worth it. Even some of the teachers will teach your children advance subjects but trust in the future it worth it. It teach your child different language of course. But at the same time it teach your student to be more open minded to other people cultures and customs. If I ever had a child from K-8th this would been the only school in the Kansas City School District where I would send my child.

I an very happy to have my son attending Foreign Language Academy. It a great school in which my son is learning a lot already. i very much recommend this school for anyone.

My daughter attends kindergarten at foreign language academy. We are a white, middle class family of four living in waldo and are absolutely in love with FLA. My daughter is in a lively, loving class of kids. Her teacher is warm and has taught at FLA for 15 years. She is a master teacher. She believes that children need to play and enjoy learning. She also conducts all of the classes in spanish. My daughter is coming home and speaking spanish to me!! She is also in the accelerated reading program. Foreign Language Academy is now the only accredited schools in Kansas city. I believe it is safe and loving and the principal Dr. Allman is one of the best in the country. The staff is on the ball and always working to keep things fun and safe. They speak with respect to the children and are always present. I am a musician so the arts and muisic are important to me. This school offers a very good music program which cannot be found at Academie Lafayette and other private schools. Because this is a public school, as oppossed to a charter school, we feel a part of this city and feel that our presence in this school is crucial for positive change in Kansas CIty.

This school has greatly failed our kids, my daughter was in 6th grade at that school. They gave her substandard work ( 4th grade work) and no home assignment. She brought home more home work when she was in 5th grade. You complain to the principal and teachers and nobody cares .The school did not make AYP and have not been making AYP. The principal and some of the staff need to be replace, they are just there for a salary to pay their bills. Their is a great divide at that school. Shame, Shame, Shame. What a waste of time.

My nephew is going to this school and in these times, I think it is very important that our kids learn a second language. I think it's easer for people to lean a new language the younger they are.

I am the mother of a three-year-old preschool student. He is absolutely thriving at this school. It is a real pick-me-up when I come into the school and everyone is welcoming and knows who I am (as Mesan's Mom) I not only get hugs from my little guy, but from about 5 or 6 other pre-k students as well. He not only loves school, but absolutely loves the LINC staff and activities that he is involved in. I am really looking forward to my son becoming bilingual.

I feel Foriegn Language Academy has a safe environment that allows a student to grow academically and socially. My grandson is in fourth grade and he's academic learning in reading and math meet state standards. This Pricinpal provides support in all areas that engages the students and parents.

F.L.A even has a self contained gifted class -which I am in .This year I had the best teacher I've ever had by far and she has taught our class so much, but she operates differently. She doesn't just say,'It's time for' this and that ,she teaches things like not in a schedule .She usually goes on trips with her class like skiing on a Saturday,but she can't do that with this class.Our Acuity scores were 83 and 13 over 20,but she made us figure that out.The school is overall great especially the idea of the Eagles Club and Eagle Eyes.

Last modified Foreign Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.