Kearney, MO

Posted July 25, 2014
Kearney High School and all of the school in Kearney are excellent. We moved here to keep the kids from going to a HS in the NKC district and were so glad we did. Amazing difference.

Posted November 01, 2013
All schools have good and bad aspects but for an overall quality education, access to a multitude of extra-curricular activities, and teachers and staff that care, you can't top Kearney. My children are not star athletes nor the star students but these teachers have gone out of their way to help each of my children recognize their potential. And the support of this community is amazing! Maybe I shouldn't write this...it may give away the secret of this fabulous district and people will flock here. Scratch everything I just said!

Posted May 26, 2013
IMO, this is such a dissappointing school ... Academics and getting kids ready for college and real life just doesn't seem to be a priority, and the decision making within this district baffles me.

Posted March 02, 2013
Very poor school. Caters to Athletics and Gifted students. My children only had 2 teachers that cared about their progress in the 8 years they attended there. Liberty schools are MUCH better, send your kids there.

Posted September 11, 2011
Both of my son and daughter have attended school Kearney schools and it was a great experience for each one. The community's involvement with the schools and the extra curricular activities is something I've never experienced or seen anywhere before. Not to mention the solid education they received and guidance to continue building on that foundation with their college career. I have nothing to but good things too say about Kearney and am grateful for the positive experience my children had there.

Posted July 11, 2010
Their "no child left behind" program actually does leave your child behind. Do NOT put your child in these schools if they have any kind of academic problems. Even the smallest learning disabilities are NOT given adequate attention at all of the Kearney schools. I was a transfer student and attended elementry thru 7th grade and no better off when I quit school. I am now learning far more from an online high school program than I ever did in Kearney schools. Additionally, many teachers allow exceptional kids to tease the other kids. Many clicks and favortisim exist in the Kearney School district, and not just among students. There are ample parent clicks as well that exclude certain parents if their kids are not gifted in sports are academically.

Kearney High School 0

Posted December 21, 2009
If your child is good academically and/or good/great in sports, then this is the school for you. Otherwise, if your child has any social problems whatsoever, or has any learning problem of any kind--not matter how small-- then this is not the school for you. They do not give even the smallest learning disabled children or tennagers the time that is required to come up to speed. Kearney spends the most time with the smart and gifted students.

Posted November 04, 2009
As a former student graduating this year in the class of 2009 I can say that without a doubt this is one of the best schools in the state. Not only do they have great academics but they also have many great sports teams. The atmosphere of the town is fantastic and there are few better public high schools in the nation.

Kearney High School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
Wonderful teachers and parents who truly care about the quality of education the children receive.

Kearney High School 4

Posted June 29, 2009
i have been in different districts. We have 5 children and have had them in Kearney 6 years. Two graduated 2009. We would not go anywhere else!

Kearney High School
715 East 19th St, Kearney, MO  64060
Last modified Kearney High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kearney High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top