Christ Community Lutheran School 1

Posted May 07, 2014
The principal was really was not open to discussing problems that you may be having with a teacher. We were very unsatisfied with the school. I would not recommend it to anyone. Academically, CCLS was not as strong as the Kirkwood Public School.

Posted January 18, 2012
My son attends preschool at CCLS, and I couldn't be happier with his first school experience. He absolutely LOVES his teachers, and I think they are the model of how I picture a preschool teacher "should" be. The teachers' interactions with the kids, including mediating conflicts, are so positive and loving. I can't say anything about the higher grades, but we are thrilled with the preschool.

Posted October 18, 2010
October 2010- We do have a complete reading readiness and reading program that certainly includes our kindergarten students. We have curriculum goals for each grade level and would be happy to share those with any interested parent. God's blessings as you look for the perfect school for your child.

Posted March 13, 2010
CCLS academics are proven in the top 10% of all test scores in the nation as verified by the Blue Ribbon School award received in 2009. Teachers are highly qualified and caring. A caring community environment is evident and each day is faith integrated. My children thrive at CCLS. By the way, tuition is very affordable.

Posted January 31, 2010
The one and only US Blue-ribbon school in Saint Louis. Affordable, safe, and superior education.

Posted August 22, 2009
Great care and concern even love for the children. I wonder about the academics though. They do not teach reading until 1 st grade where the public schools begin in grade K.

Posted October 13, 2007
My personal experience with CCLS is that it is very clickish. The teachers are excellent but the kids are not what you would expect in a christ based school.

Christ Community Lutheran School 4

Posted April 22, 2004
CCLS is a good school with involved teachers, engaged students and strong parental involvement. Everyone knows everyone and its not clickish like one may find at many parochial schools. Academically, it is not as strong as the Webster Groves Public School district. I base this on my older kids attending Webster in the primary grades. For example, Webster teaches reading in kindergarten and CCLS doesn't begin reading until first grade. Kindergarten at CCLS is much like an extra year of preschool. Also the spelling words and math workbooks are a grade behind the public schools. I would highly recommend CCLS if you are seeking a caring,nurturing environment for your child. Academically I would rate it a bit above average. The teachers are great and the curriculum is above average but you will pay for extras like band, foreign language and sports.

110 W Woodbine Ave, Kirkwood, MO  63122
Last modified Christ Community Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ Community Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top