Hazel Grove Elementary School 5

Posted November 26, 2008
All of my children have attended HGE. When my first child started, this school was mostly white. In the 2004 year, this school became richly diversified. At first, I do think everyone struggled with the changes. However, now it continues to be one of the best schools in the area. The teachers are fantastic, the principal is a good leader, the curriculum and technology are up to date, and the lerning environment enriched, challenging, and caring. I will be sad when my last child leaves this school.

Hazel Grove Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2007
Our oldest daughter completed K-6 at Hazel Grove in 2005. The last 3 (4th - 6th) years were a nightmare. The discipline was inconsistent and arbitrary. Children who were model students were punished en masse with those who could not control their behavior. When our neighborhood was segmented to another elementary school for the 2005-2006 school year, we were relieved our youngest daughter would be able to move to an elementary school where there was control and a calm learning environment.

Hazel Grove Elementary School 5

Posted December 31, 2006
This is a fantastic school! My children attended Hazel Grove through 5th grade when we moved out of state. The teachers are wonderful and Dr. Troester does an exceptional job of getting to know families of each student. It is a great environment for learning and succeeding!

Hazel Grove Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2004
The curriculum is wonderful, however I think the principal is in need of a cultural diversity class. He does not seem to be adjusting to African American children being in his school and has verbally stated that he is not use to dealing with 'black' children. Otherwise that school seems to be great.

Hazel Grove Elementary School
2001 NW Blue Parkway, Lee's Summit, MO  64064
Last modified Hazel Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazel Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top