Bad
Good

We've only been at this school for kindergarten thus far but I am very impressed. The teacher, front office staff, playground attendants, nurse, janitor, librarian, pta, principal and art teacher have all made a good impression on us. Wonderful staff. There is a lot of pressure on parents to stay on track and keep the kids practicing what they've learned at home. It's a good thing. Kept me in line! Very small school so you really get to know everyone. Lots of rewards and extra stuff for the kids to enjoy that keeps them enthusiastic for meeting goals. Love the positive reinforcement.

Kids don't fail - Teachers fail kids. Teachers bully students and encourage other students as well. This school has forgotten competency based learning and force feed curriculum. When and how do these kids back up to catch up?

My daughter is in Kindergarten at LSE and I would rate the school nothing less than FANTASTIC! Everyone from the office, the school nurse, the library and teachers have been so helpful and warm. LSE definitely has a good, positive, family atmosphere.

I have had four children attend LSE. All four have gone on to participate in the advanced studies programs in middle school and high school. My two high school children both have a 3.8 or higher. I feel that the foundation set in elementary school has positively impacted their education. I found the teachers approachable and willing to work as a team. I was pleased with the before and after school activities available to them. I had children participate in a large variety of clubs, including, acting, choir, green team, student council, and a writing club. There was no charge for any of these activities.

They offer absolutely no help for children with autism and Aspergers Syndrome. The teachers are horrible.

We have had four children attend Lee's Summit Elementary. We have been very pleased with this school. This school has the feeling of family. The teachers at this school work harder than any that I have seen. They are willing to work with any family to provide what is best for kids.

This school is lacking in leadership and communication skills. The principal does not have clue about what the teachers are doing. The teachers do not partner with parents to work together for the good of the children. I was so dissatisfied with this school that i pulled my children from there during the final month of the school year. I do not reccomend this school!

LSES school is great! The staff is friendly and helpful. My boys love this school.

One of the best schools we have had the pleasure of having our kids at. Great interaction from the staff. If ever we move back to LS this would be the school of choice for us and our kids.

Last modified Lee's Summit Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.