Lee's Summit, MO

Posted August 12, 2013
Great school! My son was so sad when summer break came, he wanted to stay in school. The principle is great, she makes so much effort with the students. She will personally help children who are strruggling with a subject. It's a very close-knit school. The class sizes are small. And the teachers are wonderful with the students.

Posted April 18, 2012
One word...Terrible! If you love your children, be very cautious! Not all schools are created equal and this principal and staff prove it. We literally sold our home and moved to another area just to get our children out of this school. Look around before committing to send your children here...worst of the worst! Free babysitting-YES, education-NO!

Posted January 10, 2011
This is my son's first year at Mason and we have been thrilled with the education he is receiving. There is a small town feel at Mason. Everyone is friendly and very welcoming. My child has had an issue with another student and it was address immediately and resolved. I volunteer often and am pleased with what I see. So far we could not be happier!

Posted September 26, 2010
Administration is terrible...and worst of all the children are not being educated. Ask around, the only reason they have high test scores is because the kids are so far behind because of the lack of true education that the teachers "teach" kids the answers to the MAP test. Never go by test scores...they mean nothing. The teachers administer the tests, give the kids the answers and it keeps the superintendant away. This also allows the principal to be gone and not actually be present in the building...ever. As a parent who loves my children and is not looking for a babysitter, I pulled my children from this school and moved from this area to another in Lee's Summit.

Posted October 27, 2009
Our kids are entering their third year at Mason and we have been thrilled with the education they are receiving. The teachers really seem to take an interest in each child and have been very responsive to any questions or concerns. We have been very impressed with the wide array of teaching strategies used to help every child learn.

Posted September 29, 2009
I took responsibility for trying hard to make this uncomfortable environment work for our family. After 3 yrs, nothing has changed no matter how involved I have become in PTA and room parent activities. The principle, secretary and counselor are the most unwelcoming, condescending and unfriendly people I have encountered at a public school. As a new parent, when I had a question, it was clear that they felt I should not have asked. After asking the counselor to check in on my 1st grader, it was ignored and the situation became worse. After softly inquiring with several other parents-the consensus was that the counselor and principle were ineffective and the worst in our district. Don't expect them to even speak to you or your child-not even hello. My child was badly injured there and they never phoned or asked about him after being in the hospital.

Posted May 17, 2009
Mason is a wonderful school for any child. I have watched my own child grow tremendously this year. My family moved to this school this year and I am so glad we did. We had heard great things about the staff and everything has been true. The teachers truly have my child in their best interest. I would recommend Mason to anyone wanting the best education for their child.

Mason Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
All three of my children have attended Mason elementary. Two of my children now attend LSN. We have have virtually every teacher in the school and have been happy with all of them. I know a lot of Mason students who are now in Jr and Sr high school. They tend to be well prepared and excel. The people that I do know who have had issues at Mason tend to be people who feel that the entire education process is the responsibility of the school. Mason has strong parental involvement and I think that is what makes it so good. It is a small town feel with great educational results. I am a LSHS graduate and have appreciated my education since I left. I am so glad that my children are getting the same experience!

Posted May 25, 2008
This school is not fit for your worst enemy's child. My daughter's teacher was awful...Lazy, dishonest and most of all humiliating. After sending e-mails that weren't returned I went to the principal and was basically told that the teacher is ALWAYS right. They are not concerned about the kids, the staff is unfriendly and uninviting. If your child isn't troubled or dumb, there is no place for them here. They cater to the underdog. I have pulled my 'normal, average' child from this school and would never recommend anyone send their child here. Ask for a district transfer or try private!

Mason Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
Mason is a great school! The family atmosphere at Mason helps bring you into the school and the community. We moved here 2 years ago and Mason teachers and parents welcomed us and embraced our children readily. The PTA sponsors a variety of programs including cultural arts, international day, ecology, and more on top of all the fundraising. The district works hard to make sure the school has the tools they need to educate the kids. Teachers clamor to be hired at Mason. The music, art, band and PE programs are awesome and very age appropriate. Grads seem well-prepared for Middle School. Check out the test scores!

Mason Elementary School
27600 Colbern Rd, Lee's Summit, MO  64086
Last modified Mason Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mason Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top