Lee's Summit, MO

Posted August 15, 2013
Good school, great teachers, parents encouraged to be highly involved. Would recommend school to others.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2013
This school is Horrible. We have one child left in this school and have had nothing but trouble all the years we have been there. We are going to seriously think about transferring them to a different school. Some of the teachers are great. The rest are mediocre to horrible. There is not any fairness with students. If the teacher likes you, you can do no wrong. However if the teacher doesn't like you, you will be on the hit list all year. The principal is the worst offender of all. She is anything but fair with the students. I don't know how people like this can be allowed to educate our youth. We have had several instances where we had to deal with her with bullying issues. She refuses to do anything to address the situation. She will turn it around and blame the one that is being bullied. Yes, believe it. there is a huge bully issue at this school. Even going to the district was not of any help. They refused to believe us, or do anything to help us resolve our issues. I have very little respect for this school and growing disrespect for the school district as a whole.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 4

Posted December 13, 2012
Meadow Lane provides a solid education to a large demographic of children that attend. The teachers care very much about each student and our experience has been they communicate by fact when an issue occurs. The staff at Meadow Lane is professional and always has a smile for each person who walks in the door. My son loves going to Meadow Lane. Go Bengals!

Posted November 08, 2012
I think Meadow Lane is a great school. They have a great parental involvement, the teachers and administration care about the kids, and the atmosphere is down-to-earth. It's a great environment for kids to grow up in. They work with my son to meet his needs where excels and where he needs help. I was not impressed with his kindergarten teacher, but as he has progressed, I have been very impressed with his teachers. They have break-out times where kids are broken into groups that focus on the groups' needs in various categories - not only does this maximize the quality of education, but also gives the kids exposure to other teaching styles and kids. This summer they built separate classrooms for all classes so they no longer have "pods" for each grade. The after-school program is amazing. There are many activities from kids to choose from each day from arts and crafts to PE-type activities to computer lab and even a hang out room. Meadow Lane is an excellent school and I am very happy to have my son attend the school.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2011
I hate this school and can not wait until the school year is over! It is really sad that I will have to completely move for my son to actually have a chance. Last year my son was in kindergarten and I tried to stay as active as possible. There were only a select few parents that were allowed to volunteer. There were times when a volunteer sheet would come home and I would sign up and send the sheet back the very next day and I would rececive a letter back stating that they had enough volunteers. He also got in trouble this year and now is not even given a chance. He is immediately sent to the office or the safe spot and misses out on class time and his education. He gets sent to the safe spot for 'playing tag at recess', or 'spilling jello at lunch'. Come on now!! I would never recommend this school to any minority person!

Meadow Lane Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2010
I don't think its all that great! I hate how the rooms are set up 4 classrooms going on at the same time in the same area! So loud and very distracting Thats why they don't want parents in there unless they have an appointment first.& they say they want parents to be involved but when you try to be the wont let you in! When my nephew went to school my sister could go up to his school in kcks anytime and work with him!

Posted January 18, 2010

Meadow Lane Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers and staff at Meadow lane truly care about the kids. They are not just there to do a job, they are there to make a difference.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2007

Posted December 02, 2004
- a former student
I went to Meadow Lane from Kindergarten through sixth grade and loved it. It is a great school with a great atmosphere and I hope to become a teacher there one day. I am proud to say I got an education from Meadow Lane.

Meadow Lane Elementary School
1421 North Independence Ave, Lee's Summit, MO  64086
Last modified Meadow Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadow Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top