Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 29, 2016
The current principal is really getting the school straightened out. She's very involved with the students and cares for them.

Posted January 29, 2016
For the demographics this is one of the best schools in Lees Summit. Highly recommend it if you're moving to Lees Summit.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2015
This is not a school, it's a popularity contest. My oldest was bullied for doing the right thing and the Vice principal defended the bully! My youngest has been singled out since his 3rd grade year!!!! Now every little thing that happens, we get phone calls. If your child happens to be one of the ones they like, and fits into their "ideal", you won't have a problem. If your child doesn't, then expect to be harassed. It's so bad now that my youngest grades are slipping because he spends so much time in "safety seats" and "recovery rooms" for the most typical of child like behavior. If I had known what this school was like, I would never have enrolled my kids in it!!!! EVER!!!! There is so much negative things that have happened to us, that I can't fit it all in here!!!! I'm very displeased with the administration of this school!!!!

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted December 04, 2015
They look the other way when the student they know on a personal level outside of school bullies another student. They pick favorites. They blame the parents instead of accepting responsibility for their actions/ screw ups.

Posted August 15, 2013
Good school, great teachers, parents encouraged to be highly involved. Would recommend school to others.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2013
This school is Horrible. We have one child left in this school and have had nothing but trouble all the years we have been there. We are going to seriously think about transferring them to a different school. Some of the teachers are great. The rest are mediocre to horrible. There is not any fairness with students. If the teacher likes you, you can do no wrong. However if the teacher doesn't like you, you will be on the hit list all year. The principal is the worst offender of all. She is anything but fair with the students. I don't know how people like this can be allowed to educate our youth. We have had several instances where we had to deal with her with bullying issues. She refuses to do anything to address the situation. She will turn it around and blame the one that is being bullied. Yes, believe it. there is a huge bully issue at this school. Even going to the district was not of any help. They refused to believe us, or do anything to help us resolve our issues. I have very little respect for this school and growing disrespect for the school district as a whole.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 4

Posted December 13, 2012
Meadow Lane provides a solid education to a large demographic of children that attend. The teachers care very much about each student and our experience has been they communicate by fact when an issue occurs. The staff at Meadow Lane is professional and always has a smile for each person who walks in the door. My son loves going to Meadow Lane. Go Bengals!

Posted November 08, 2012
I think Meadow Lane is a great school. They have a great parental involvement, the teachers and administration care about the kids, and the atmosphere is down-to-earth. It's a great environment for kids to grow up in. They work with my son to meet his needs where excels and where he needs help. I was not impressed with his kindergarten teacher, but as he has progressed, I have been very impressed with his teachers. They have break-out times where kids are broken into groups that focus on the groups' needs in various categories - not only does this maximize the quality of education, but also gives the kids exposure to other teaching styles and kids. This summer they built separate classrooms for all classes so they no longer have "pods" for each grade. The after-school program is amazing. There are many activities from kids to choose from each day from arts and crafts to PE-type activities to computer lab and even a hang out room. Meadow Lane is an excellent school and I am very happy to have my son attend the school.

Meadow Lane Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2011
I hate this school and can not wait until the school year is over! It is really sad that I will have to completely move for my son to actually have a chance. Last year my son was in kindergarten and I tried to stay as active as possible. There were only a select few parents that were allowed to volunteer. There were times when a volunteer sheet would come home and I would sign up and send the sheet back the very next day and I would rececive a letter back stating that they had enough volunteers. He also got in trouble this year and now is not even given a chance. He is immediately sent to the office or the safe spot and misses out on class time and his education. He gets sent to the safe spot for 'playing tag at recess', or 'spilling jello at lunch'. Come on now!! I would never recommend this school to any minority person!

Meadow Lane Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2010
I don't think its all that great! I hate how the rooms are set up 4 classrooms going on at the same time in the same area! So loud and very distracting Thats why they don't want parents in there unless they have an appointment first.& they say they want parents to be involved but when you try to be the wont let you in! When my nephew went to school my sister could go up to his school in kcks anytime and work with him!

1421 North Independence Ave, Lee's Summit, MO  64086
Last modified Meadow Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.