Bad
Good

Pleasant Lea Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2015
After 3 years of my child attending this school I have come to the conclusion that this education center is both conformist and bland. Although he has advanced well with the academic portions of the program, the consistency has been questionable. I understand the desire for healthy school lunches, but why should that extend into the lunches that I pack for him at home? If his mother and I choose to participate in the school's provided meals, then fine. But when my son does something that I feel deserves a reward and I pack a soda in his lunch, it should not be take. away from him. Also, he was asked to complete a think sheet by a substitute teacher and when the details were not given to us, we inquired as to what happened. There was no specifics given to his teacher as to why he was given a think sheet and made to be separated from his class. I believe if a child is reprimanded for any reason, a detailed account should be given in case they are requested by the parents. I consider this to be substandard and unacceptable.

Posted October 12, 2014
I love this school and it's staff. My daughters first year there was great. Her kindergarten teacher Ms. Thornton is the best. She really cares about the children's learning.

Pleasant Lea Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2013
Enrolling in R7 school Dist is a nightmare! These are PUBLIC SCHOOLS - geesh - Feel like a criminal trying to enroll/re-enroll my kids. Must be social attitude of this area - possibly MO as a whole - sad. The school is good overall. The principal is excellent - responds to contact well. The teachers my kids had were both new, but they did well - especially since both of my children struggle with ADHD.

Posted November 18, 2009
I can't say enough about the quality of leadership and instruction at PLE. Each year our daughter has had great teachers and a fantastic learning experience. We are proud to be part of the PLE family!!

Posted November 30, 2008
The care and attention each student gets from their teachers and all the staff is unmatched. Special Thanks to Sue Jacobi, Mrs. Alexander and Mr. Gooch and Mrs. Hughes....Top notch all the way around!!!

Posted April 01, 2007
This is simply a great school. Everybody is taking perfect care about the kids and learning is fun. It was just the right place for our son to start school and we know, he will remember this positive experience for the rest of his life. Some people call PLE the 'hidden treasure' of the school district - and it for sure is a treasure!

Pleasant Lea Elementary School
700 West Persel, Lee's Summit, MO  64081
Last modified Pleasant Lea Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.