Bad
Good

Teachers go above and beyond in helping students be successful. All teachers are available before or after schools on many days if the student seeks help.Science labs are outstanding and challenging at the advanced level. Open lab times are available. There are a lot of extracurricular opportunities in clubs and athletics. The school utilizes the student given Chromebooks and Google services well.

Our daughter attended Lee's Summit High School graduating in the class of 2005. This was a very rewarding experience academically as well as, socially. LSHS helped prepare our daughter for college. She was fortunate to have some of the best teachers in the district. She is currently working towards her doctorate degree. We will always be thankful for the administrative and teaching staff for giving of themselves 100 percent irregardless of our color or nationality. We will always be thankful for the wonderful experiences that our daughter received. We recommend the LSHS School District to all families who want their children to excel academically. GO TIGERS!!!!

Do you think that 42% of the students are just lazy or stupid? Statistics do not lie. The average student is not receiving a good enough education to go to community college. Those are the facts. One college teacher told his students that they would not be in a remedial college class if their high school teachers had done their jobs.

I find it funny everyone is complaining about the work load in college. ITS COLLEGE!! Lees Summit HS did more than enough with preparing students for college. If you struggle with college, then something happened with YOU in HS, not the staff. I do feel that they cater sports towards money. For the students that cannot afford much, they struggle to be a part of the teams since they cost so much, and choose students more by their parents' incomes.

I graduated from LSHS in 2010 and I feel that I was given an exceptional education, especially having taken IB coursework. The administrators were all accepting and willing to let their students' creativity and talent shine, across all disciplines. I feel that I was challenged enough that I've been well ahead of the curve for my first three semesters of college. The school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities, several of which I was involved in, which greatly contribute to the spirited attitude of the students, faculty, parents and community. If I had to do it over again, I don't think I could have chosen a better school. I'd highly recommend LSHS (or any of the schools in the LS R-7 district) to any parents considering a move to the area.

I am a freshman at LSHS and the school is amazing, it challenges you and makes you reach your full potential. I LOVE MY SCHOOL. GO TIGERS

I'm currently a freshman at the University of Missouri greatly struggling and not alone. Most all of my high school friends and I are failing to make the same grades we made in high school. The standards at LSH are low and the teachers do not prepare their students for the future. The people I met through the extra curricular activities are wonderful and a great support for me at college. I feel confident enough to apply myself for leadership positions, but not adequately prepared for the workload or difficulty of college.

i have gone to this school for my freshman year, last year. i had a great experiance, and know that I had helpful teachers and friends who where always there to help me when i was having trouble

I was a student from 1999-2002, and I have to admit that this school was absolutely wonderful, education-wise! The standards are set high, and prepare students for college. I was a 'misfit' for most of the years attending, and did get one teacher who made it clear he did not approve of my style, but for the most part the teachers were very accepting and supportive... However, as a student from a lower income home, the other kids tended to sneer at me on occasion (mostly during the freshman year). But I think suffering through an awkward social life was worth the wonderful education that I received! Sports are definitely cheered on in this school, but they could incorporate some of the academic teams into their pep assemblies!

Last modified Lee's Summit Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.