Lee's Summit, MO

Posted November 23, 2014
This school has great dedication to kids. The teacher are excellent and have great communication with parents. It is a great place for kids to learn and grow. There are high expectations and the kids rise to meet them.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is a great school! The teachers are highly involved with each individual student to ensure that they are getting the best education they can. The principal and vice principal are very involved and know the name of each and every student. They truly taken interest and each student. The PTA is very involved and has a great board! I would highly recommend the school to anyone moving to Lee Summit area.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have had three kids at Cedar Creek Elementary and have had good experiences with all three! Their teachers have been imminently qualified and concerned about them as individuals. They have been challenged and encouraged to think creatively. We have especially appreciated the enrichment offered by the gifted teacher and the amazing art and music instructions. From the principal to the teachers and staff--you will find quality people who are involved in the education process.

Cedar Creek Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2013
We moved to the LSR7 school district from the SF Bay area specifically so that my 2 children could attend CCE, in part because of the 'rave' reviews of the school and staff. From my observation, they are fair-to-mediocre at teaching the average student, and giving them the tools to succeed academically. However, on the upper and lower ends of the bell curve, the instruction is dodgy, at best. After years of deep parental involvement, and continual frustration, I pulled both kids and home schooled them.

Posted January 25, 2011
Cedar Creek Elementary is a decent school when it comes to instruction and academics....however, discipline is lacking.

Posted January 02, 2011
Cedar Creek has its good and bad. I have a daughter who has gone through CCE and is now in Junior high. For the most part it was good. I have 2 children there now and one that will be there in a few years. I wish that I could say wonderful things about the school but I cannot. I will however say that the music and p.e. teacher are wonderful and that the kdg. teachers are excellent! This is the school that my children go to and I wish it was better!

Cedar Creek Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
From top to bottom CCE is an extraordinary school! There is little to no turnover in either students or teachers, everyone knows and loves everyone. Mrs. Lang, the principal, encourages innovation and the teachers thrive as a result--always bringing new ideas to the classroom. Our music teacher is one of the finest in the state and support for kids on both ends of the bell curve is exemplary. We are so fortunate to have our children at Cedar Creek!

Posted December 15, 2008

Cedar Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 10, 2007
At Cedar Creek, some teachers are wonderful. Others, not so great. Special class teachers are iffy at best. The subjects at this school are not as advanced as other schools in the district. Also, techniques in handwriting and spelling are aweful. Very little discipline is taught and too much is enforced. They make no effort to seperate the 'bad' kids from the 'good' kids. Teachers often favor certain students and will mess with the unfavored ones' grades if they feel it is neccisary. The school's mantinance isn't the best either. We obsreved that some sick on the floor was not cleaned up for several days, even after being notified. We also observed that similar messes were not cleaned in a healthy manner. Playground supervisors are very unhelpful. We noticed that all they did was sit and talk to one another. Much of the staff was unfriendly. (That does not include teachers).

Posted April 23, 2006
All 4 of our children have attended Cedar Creek Elementary. The teachers and parents work closely together to make sure our children receive an excellent academic and social start in their early childhood education. We have an outstanding art and music program. Cedar Creek offers science, writing and technology clubs to our students. The gifted program continues to offer a diverse and enriched curriculum as well. We applaud the staff's flexible and creative teaching approach to the various learning styles of all the students. Having observed in classrooms around the metropolitan area, including numerous private schools, we are proud and thankful that our children receive a wonderful first start to their education at Cedar Creek Elementary!

Cedar Creek Elementary School
2600 SW 3rd St, Lee's Summit, MO  64081
Last modified Cedar Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top