Bad
Good

Great kids, parents, principals and teachers! Such a good place to grow and learn. My kids love CCE!

This is a great school! The teachers are highly involved with each individual student to ensure that they are getting the best education they can. The principal and vice principal are very involved and know the name of each and every student. They truly taken interest and each student. The PTA is very involved and has a great board! I would highly recommend the school to anyone moving to Lee Summit area.

I have had three kids at Cedar Creek Elementary and have had good experiences with all three! Their teachers have been imminently qualified and concerned about them as individuals. They have been challenged and encouraged to think creatively. We have especially appreciated the enrichment offered by the gifted teacher and the amazing art and music instructions. From the principal to the teachers and staff--you will find quality people who are involved in the education process.

We moved to the LSR7 school district from the SF Bay area specifically so that my 2 children could attend CCE, in part because of the 'rave' reviews of the school and staff. From my observation, they are fair-to-mediocre at teaching the average student, and giving them the tools to succeed academically. However, on the upper and lower ends of the bell curve, the instruction is dodgy, at best. After years of deep parental involvement, and continual frustration, I pulled both kids and home schooled them.

Cedar Creek Elementary is a decent school when it comes to instruction and academics....however, discipline is lacking.

Cedar Creek has its good and bad. I have a daughter who has gone through CCE and is now in Junior high. For the most part it was good. I have 2 children there now and one that will be there in a few years. I wish that I could say wonderful things about the school but I cannot. I will however say that the music and p.e. teacher are wonderful and that the kdg. teachers are excellent! This is the school that my children go to and I wish it was better!

From top to bottom CCE is an extraordinary school! There is little to no turnover in either students or teachers, everyone knows and loves everyone. Mrs. Lang, the principal, encourages innovation and the teachers thrive as a result--always bringing new ideas to the classroom. Our music teacher is one of the finest in the state and support for kids on both ends of the bell curve is exemplary. We are so fortunate to have our children at Cedar Creek!

At Cedar Creek, some teachers are wonderful. Others, not so great. Special class teachers are iffy at best. The subjects at this school are not as advanced as other schools in the district. Also, techniques in handwriting and spelling are aweful. Very little discipline is taught and too much is enforced. They make no effort to seperate the 'bad' kids from the 'good' kids. Teachers often favor certain students and will mess with the unfavored ones' grades if they feel it is neccisary. The school's mantinance isn't the best either. We obsreved that some sick on the floor was not cleaned up for several days, even after being notified. We also observed that similar messes were not cleaned in a healthy manner. Playground supervisors are very unhelpful. We noticed that all they did was sit and talk to one another. Much of the staff was unfriendly. (That does not include teachers).

Last modified Cedar Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.