Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Both of my children attended this school from K through 6th grade. Every teacher they had cared about them as an individual! We absolutely love this school! I was nervous at first about this school being so large, but the administration split the school so there is a small school feel where everyone know everyone. As an educator myself, I can say I am impressed with the education my children received from PVE! They were both very prepared for middle school and beyond!

It breaks my heart to see that parents have had difficulty getting kiddos with special needs the attention they require. I know it is a much more prevalent issue nowadays than when we were kids and staffing for these needs is hard to come by (especially in a school with over a 1000 kids enrolled!) I encourage parents to be an advocate for their children and not expect too much from a state run public school system. I have seen firsthand the effects of my friend's children falling through the cracks. It could happen anywhere. With that said, our family has been incredibly blessed to work with this school's AMAZING counselors who have helped our two children with anxiety issues. My husband and I have seen their confidence grow leaps and bounds. I strongly believe ALL children should have the privilege of small group and private discussion with a professional counselor to learn how to manage stress. Don't we all at some point in our lives depend on these skills? Now our kids are equipped to handle whatever is next in their journey. I only wish I had been given that kind of opportunity as a child! Thank you PVE!

Worst school hands down! We moved to this district a year ago and can not wait to leave. Children are being taught to a test and not properly educated. If you question staff as a parent your children will be punished. Teachers won't be accountable for their actions and words and pass everything to the principal. If you call with an issue, don't expect a response. My kids have fallen behind and are having to do extra work at home to just stay up to date with other schools. Staff and administration are bigger bullies than the kids. Do your research before allowing your kids to come here, I wish I did more. Parent involvement is not encouraged unless you're one of the sheep that just nod along with whatever they say.

My special needs daughter attended this school for 1st grade. She was homeschooled the year before and is currently homeschooled for 2nd grade and doing well. The teacher she had for 1st grade did not recognize her special needs and, as a result, my daughter did not receive the support she needed to do well in 1st grade despite mine and my wife's numerous discussions with her teacher. My daughter has a highly-functioning form of autism but needs time away from others and high levels of noise. She also needs to ability to leave her desk at times when she feels restless (not the normal 6-7 yr old restlessness). The teacher nor the district identified her needs. Now she attends a private school part time to supplement her homeschooling, which has worked very well. The private school teacher definitely sees and supports my daughter's special needs. Be cautious sending children with yet-to-be-diagnosed special needs though you know they exist. The school and school district is very, very slow in identifying and providing support; this is also a common belief among many parents of special needs parents in Lee's Summit.

Nothing but good things to say about Prairie View. Our son has attended since kindergarten and with one exception has always had teachers that challenged him. As he moves to middle school he has qualified for all advanced placement courses. Definitely would recommend this school, but would also remind parents to stay involved in the process.

Great staff, great students! It's sad to see what parents find to complain about based on reading other reviews. Teachers are overworked and underpaid, and they go above and beyond to help the children. Maybe the complaining parents should step up, read with their child at home, and work WITH, not against, the teachers.

This school was decent during the early two-thousands when my oldest attended, but then the quality dropped. I don't know if it was typical paranoia that made the school become a locked-up daycare, and I say daycare because they really don't teach much, but watch your kids while you work. The teachers have become more militant and show extra special attention for children whose parents are part of the PTA. My youngest told me how since 2010 he will walk the halls and listen to teachers yell at the kids and demonstrate little patience towards them. If you have a daughter you should know that after recess when they line the kids up, they make them sit on the asphalt, so if it is hot day or a really cold winter day, with ice or frost on the ground, they will make your daughter sit on that cold or hot asphalt. This is bad if she wears skirts or a dress. Also, the recess aids are PTA mommies who stand around and talk or text and don't pay attention if there is a bully on the playground. No one told me some of the real details about PVE, but I think parents should be aware.

I love the faculty and staff. We have always had a great experience at PVE and couldn't have better teachers and staff. They are always trying to put the kids first.

Awesome students, staff and community!

Prairie View Elementary School has the best teachers who cares about the kids. The principals always participate at the school events to get a chance to talk with the parents. She knows ALL of the kids at her school.

Last modified Prairie View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.