Posted November 30, 2012
My son attended here K-6, and my daughter (now in 3rd) has been here since K. This school is incredible! We've had fantastic teachers, including Art, PE, and Music teachers. Both my kids absolutely love this school! My middle schooler enjoys going back to say hi to his teachers. The parent involvement is exceptional, the PTA is very dedicated, and there are great activities in addition to core curriculum. HPE is an English as a Second Language School so that influences test scores some, but my kid's academic experience and overall experience has been terrific!! I feel spoiled and fortunate to have kids attending this school.

Posted August 27, 2010
Amazing teachers, incredible administration. I don't have any idea what the parent who posted on Sept. 10, 2009, was talking about. If you look at the MAP scores, HPE scored in the top schools in the district in nearly every category. The 6th graders were #1 in the entire district in at least 2 of the disciplines. Furthermore, if you look at the statistics statewide, HPE students have consistently scored in the top 10 in the ENTIRE state in their MAP testing. Unequivocally one of the best schools in the district.

Posted October 16, 2009
I am a parent with children that attend HPE and have had children attending since the school opened. I am very impressed with the quality of the education but the commitment of the staff to focus on our children. The school actually scored quite high on test scores last year thus the high rating on this site, this comes from excellence in teaching. We have actually passed up moving to stay at this elementary school until our children are out of elementary.

Highland Park Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2009
I am a parent and have a child at Highland Park and I am not at all statisfied with the way things are run. There is not enough classroom suupport. There are too many children in each class from K-6th. I am just not happy with the teacher ratio at all. Eventhough, we as parents pay are taxes (which keep going up every year) I feel our children are not getting the quality education they deserve as compared with such distrcts as Johnson county, Overland Park, KS. (Just take a look at the overall MAP scorces at highland Park, it's not good!!). We did not do good on our state testing last year. Our children either need more qualified teachers and helpers in the classroom or they need to be provided some type of before or after assistance.

Posted September 01, 2008

Highland Park Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2006
Overall the school is a wonderful well balanced school. I have 2 children that attend. My only concern is the reading teacher that has been there for years. It seems like most of the children that have gone to her are being placed in additional special needs classes because she is not able to assist with their reading. If you have a student that needs additional support with reading, you may want to find resources outside of the school district so that your child will be successful.

Posted January 07, 2004

Highland Park Elementary School
400 SE Millstone Ave, Lee's Summit, MO  64063
Last modified Highland Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top