Lee's Summit, MO

Underwood Elementary School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
We moved here three years ago. Both of our daughters have attended Underwood for three years. This has been an excellent school for them. We would highly recommend Underwood Elementary.

Underwood Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2013
My son attended this school from kindergarten through fifth grade. I had to move him to a different district. I found several of the teachers to be extremely mean. Many of the teachers grew up in the area. They believe that they own the schools. Without going into great detail, several teachers have very narrow minds, are extremely judgemental and act inappropriately. Professionalism and compassion are lacking. And I have an excellent, well-behaved, very mannerable and intelligent child. No way would I trust some of these teachers with my child!

Underwood Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2010
Coming from Ray-Pec to Lee's Summit was the best move for my son. His reading and math improved major. Love the School and love the Teachers.

Underwood Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2009

Underwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2006
While this school is in a great district, I don't believe the teachers or administration are dedicated enough to provide the 'extra's' each individual child may need. For instance, in every class, you have a range of students; students that excel easily, and then those that really struggle are all grouped in one class. When a child is advanced, they get their work done quickly, and then . . . what? Play games, read, disrupt the class, help tutor others? While most all of these ideas are wonderful and keep the children occupied, there is not a system worked out where 'advanced' work is readily available for them to choose from to help them keep excelling. Students that are struggling, have to end up taking their work home. I feel they may need more one on one time that doesn't take away from the rest of the class' time.

Underwood Elementary School
1125 NE Colbern Rd, Lee's Summit, MO  64086
Last modified Underwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Underwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top