PK-12 & Ungraded|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We will be accepting applications for the 2015-16 school year, beginning in January 2015!
December 05, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Overall a very good school. However, we believe they need to offer more non-sports electives. The current selection is very limited for students. The current emphasis seems to be completely on sports. Not all kids play sports. We would really like to see additional fine arts instructors hired.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school are absolutely fabulous! They poor into our children and we are so thankful for their leadership and support!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

We love this school! Each year we are part of it we become more and more impressed!

I am a full time student in college. My income has been 20k a year for the past 2 years i have paid full price for my daughter 2 attend summit christian Academy. I applied for financial assistance this year 2016 and they granted me 800.00. That will not help us at all. Not to meant they would not except my son because he is behind in test scores. I am very disappointed in the opportunity this school provides for single parents trying to give there child better education

Great School! The only comment I want to add is that the administration has had a tendency in the past few years to pat themselves on the back .. a lot. Humility is really starting to lack in the upper ranks of the school. Case in point: this Friday is SCA: The Musical at FBC Raytown. The songs are a little over the top, singing praise after praise of SCA. I understand being proud of your school but even the kids are making fun of the performance due to the "we are so great" attitude. As Christians we need to keep our pride/boasting in check and when the kids are noticing the bragging, I believe the administration needs to back it down a little. SCA is a great school that can speak for itself. Still love the school and recommend it to everyone I meet that has school age kids looking for a safe, Christian environment.

My wife and I are products of a Christian school back in the day when legalism was name of the game. For that reason we had no intention of sending our kids to Christian school until we came across LSCCS (previous name of SCA), a Christian school unlike any other. We enrolled our kids in pre-school and both stayed through graduation because they found their place. Teachers took a personal interest in them. And our kids developed encouraging friendships that continue even now. As noted below, attention to sports at SCA has increased as it has for other extra-curricular activities demanded by students. As programs have increased so has tuition but the school offers tuition assitance. The academics as SCA are excellent with test scores exceeding both the national aveage and local schools. Both of our kids graduated from LSCCS (SCA) well prepared for college from which each graduated in four years. Years later, both of our kids retain their faith and maintain friendships from SCA. Like any school, the experience at SCA was not perfect but it is one my wife and I and our kids are thankful for.

Summit Christian is a wonderful school and has a very high academic standard that has prepared our kids for success in college and the future. The way they partner with parents and communicate events and activities is above par. Beyond that, the spiritual and Biblical training they receive has depth and is woven into every subject matter. I am very impressed with the quality of the teaching staff and their ability to make each subject interesting and relevant for the students. I am especially impressed with a new teacher who was brought in to teach speech and debate. From the first day of class my son has been very excited about that class (he wanted to drop it before it started because he really didn't want to take it). It was a huge turn around in his attitude. He talks about the things he is learning and is working every night on research on debate topics. He has learned the techniques that will help him win debates as well as the proper way to research and present his case. Overall, Summit Christian Academy has made a difference in our kids lives and made school a positive experience for them.

We agree with ALL of the comments on this site, the glowing ones as well as the constructive ones. Summit Christian Academy is a great school and we recommend it hands down! The Christian atmosphere is outstanding and overall academics are top notch. While it is a great school, it isn t perfect and we are also puzzled by some of the decisions made by the school over the past year. The school hired a new speech and debate instructor that has not finished college and happens to be the child of one of the administrators. We have nothing against this instructor but he does not have the needed experience and background; and according to our child, this lack of experience is very evident in his classroom. I guess we just expect more from a private school. The school has a lot of outstanding, very qualified, and dedicated teachers that we absolutely love. We hope that the administration reads our comments and those of others and uses them to keep Summit Christian Academy the best private school in the area. We never hesitate recommending our school. Go Eagles!!!

As a parent of two Summit Christian Academy students, I can confirm this is a great school. If you are looking for a place to educate the whole child, this is the place for you. Academics are taken seriously with students outranking surrounding schools. Kids are stretched to reach their full potential by loving and caring teachers who provide a solid biblical worldview. There are weekly age appropriate chapels and bible classes. Our kids have always had small class sizes which allow teachers to really teach and encourage students along the way with love and truth. SCA offers plenty of athletics and extra curricular activities like drama, book clubs, student council, and many more. It is worth a trip to the school to see all the smiling faces for yourself!

We have been at this school for 4 years and absolutely LOVE IT! Our children were at public school prior to SCA and we cannot believe how much better SCA is than public school. It is academically strong and rigorous and the teachers are just amazing! What is unique about SCA is that they focus on the entire student. They academically challenge the mind, they have a wonderful physical activity program and then they speak truth to the heart through Christ and their biblically integrated curriculum. We are so thankful that there is a light in the community like SCA and couldn't be more happy about the school. It is so different than public school both through the curriculum and academic approach! But most importantly they partner with us as parents.

Last modified Summit Christian Academy is a Private school