PK-12 & Ungraded
Lee's Summit, MO

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We will be accepting applications for the 2015-16 school year, beginning in January 2015!
December 5, 2014

Posted March 05, 2015
Great School! The only comment I want to add is that the administration has had a tendency in the past few years to pat themselves on the back .. a lot. Humility is really starting to lack in the upper ranks of the school. Case in point: this Friday is SCA: The Musical at FBC Raytown. The songs are a little over the top, singing praise after praise of SCA. I understand being proud of your school but even the kids are making fun of the performance due to the "we are so great" attitude. As Christians we need to keep our pride/boasting in check and when the kids are noticing the bragging, I believe the administration needs to back it down a little. SCA is a great school that can speak for itself. Still love the school and recommend it to everyone I meet that has school age kids looking for a safe, Christian environment.
11 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2015
My wife and I are products of a Christian school back in the day when legalism was name of the game. For that reason we had no intention of sending our kids to Christian school until we came across LSCCS (previous name of SCA), a Christian school unlike any other. We enrolled our kids in pre-school and both stayed through graduation because they found their place. Teachers took a personal interest in them. And our kids developed encouraging friendships that continue even now. As noted below, attention to sports at SCA has increased as it has for other extra-curricular activities demanded by students. As programs have increased so has tuition but the school offers tuition assitance. The academics as SCA are excellent with test scores exceeding both the national aveage and local schools. Both of our kids graduated from LSCCS (SCA) well prepared for college from which each graduated in four years. Years later, both of our kids retain their faith and maintain friendships from SCA. Like any school, the experience at SCA was not perfect but it is one my wife and I and our kids are thankful for.
17 people found this helpful

Summit Christian Academy 3

Posted March 02, 2015
We have been a part of this school for a very long time. We have watched it transform and grow over the years. Our son will be graduating very soon and while we don t regret sending him to SCA, I m not sure we would do it again considering how the very high tuition (about $10,000/year) and where the school is going academically. His first several years were outstanding. We loved LSCCS (school s old name) and our child loved it. However, the last few years have been nothing but sports, sports, sports and we have been very disappointed with several of the new teachers. My child and their friends all talk about how they miss the old LSCCS/SCA. We have also discussed this with many other parents who are also very disappointed in the school. I want to point out that the Christian environment is great and overall it is still better than public schools. We just hate to see the direction SCA is going academically.
18 people found this helpful

Posted February 26, 2015
Summit Christian is a wonderful school and has a very high academic standard that has prepared our kids for success in college and the future. The way they partner with parents and communicate events and activities is above par. Beyond that, the spiritual and Biblical training they receive has depth and is woven into every subject matter. I am very impressed with the quality of the teaching staff and their ability to make each subject interesting and relevant for the students. I am especially impressed with a new teacher who was brought in to teach speech and debate. From the first day of class my son has been very excited about that class (he wanted to drop it before it started because he really didn't want to take it). It was a huge turn around in his attitude. He talks about the things he is learning and is working every night on research on debate topics. He has learned the techniques that will help him win debates as well as the proper way to research and present his case. Overall, Summit Christian Academy has made a difference in our kids lives and made school a positive experience for them.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 11, 2015
We agree with ALL of the comments on this site, the glowing ones as well as the constructive ones. Summit Christian Academy is a great school and we recommend it hands down! The Christian atmosphere is outstanding and overall academics are top notch. While it is a great school, it isn t perfect and we are also puzzled by some of the decisions made by the school over the past year. The school hired a new speech and debate instructor that has not finished college and happens to be the child of one of the administrators. We have nothing against this instructor but he does not have the needed experience and background; and according to our child, this lack of experience is very evident in his classroom. I guess we just expect more from a private school. The school has a lot of outstanding, very qualified, and dedicated teachers that we absolutely love. We hope that the administration reads our comments and those of others and uses them to keep Summit Christian Academy the best private school in the area. We never hesitate recommending our school. Go Eagles!!!
28 people found this helpful

Posted February 05, 2015
As a parent of two Summit Christian Academy students, I can confirm this is a great school. If you are looking for a place to educate the whole child, this is the place for you. Academics are taken seriously with students outranking surrounding schools. Kids are stretched to reach their full potential by loving and caring teachers who provide a solid biblical worldview. There are weekly age appropriate chapels and bible classes. Our kids have always had small class sizes which allow teachers to really teach and encourage students along the way with love and truth. SCA offers plenty of athletics and extra curricular activities like drama, book clubs, student council, and many more. It is worth a trip to the school to see all the smiling faces for yourself!
10 people found this helpful

Posted February 04, 2015
We have been at this school for 4 years and absolutely LOVE IT! Our children were at public school prior to SCA and we cannot believe how much better SCA is than public school. It is academically strong and rigorous and the teachers are just amazing! What is unique about SCA is that they focus on the entire student. They academically challenge the mind, they have a wonderful physical activity program and then they speak truth to the heart through Christ and their biblically integrated curriculum. We are so thankful that there is a light in the community like SCA and couldn't be more happy about the school. It is so different than public school both through the curriculum and academic approach! But most importantly they partner with us as parents.
17 people found this helpful

Posted February 04, 2015
As an Alumni of the school, I would recommend SCA to anyone! I went to SCA from 1st grade through high school graduation. I loved the small class sizes- the teachers and staff know you by name- and the availability of extracurriculars. I kept busy with athletics and theater throughout Jr. High and High School, and was still able to graduate with 17 college credit hours which allowed me to complete college a semester early! Most importantly, Christ is made known at the SCA campus as they lead students to achieve their God-given potential! Being surrounded by Christian friends and leaders- along with my family and church- gave me a firm foundation to stay strong in my faith following graduation as I attended a secular university and began a career.
15 people found this helpful

Posted January 29, 2015
I totally agree with the review that says the school needs to get parents involved. They don't ask, or want parent s comments or suggestions. When you offer them up, you always get a fake thank-you from the Academic Dean and zero action. New teaching methods are being tried and are failing but the Academic Dean will not listen and continues to sing the praises of the new methods even though many parents and students have complained. We decided to go to SCA years ago because it was a Christian School that taught from a proven traditional platform. Unfortunately, SCA s Academic Dean is following the path of public schools by trying new methods that are not working (reverse-flip). They, especially the Dean, do have a we know what is best for your student attitude and don t want your input at all. I also totally agree that this is still a very good school and hopefully the board and administration will start seeing the negative impacts of these changes/decisions and move the school back to what it was. It is sad that parents have to post to sites like this, hoping the school will start listening to us.
39 people found this helpful

Posted January 27, 2015
This is a phenomenal school! As a full-time working mother and with a husband that also works full-time, I couldn't entrust my children to a more academic, loving and nurturing environment than Summit! Every day when we drop them off for school we know that they are at an environment that is challenging them academically, that is praying with them and teaching them biblical truths, and that they are safe and loved. The faculty and staff go above and beyond to help your children! We used to have our children in private school and I cannot say enough about how Summit is so very different! It is a family! The children have endless opportunities to find out what their gifts and talents are and utilize them for His glory! I couldn't recommend this school enough! From the administration all the way down to the staff that answer the phones, it is truly a LIGHT for the community and as a parent I rest assured knowing that my children are receiving the BEST education possible!
13 people found this helpful