Posted February 02, 2014
Amazing! Both my kids were able to transfer from the heavily populated elementary school to Woodland and it has been fantastic!! My son no longer gets in trouble and my daughter is learning accountability.

Woodland Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2011
I was very disappointed in this school and transfered my children mid-year. There is little to no communication with the principal. When you do try to pin him down on something he denies ever receiving communications from you. My first grader was suppose to be on a field trip to the zoo. When I picked him up from daycare I found out that he was actually at Crown Center all day due to weather. This would not have been a had I known....that is what the call system is for. According to my child (couldn't get a response from a responsible adult) he was embarrassed in his classroom, in front of his peers by the school counselor. She asked him personal questions that should have been asked to me instead of him. He was in second grade at the time. I understand that my family is not the norm. My children were adopted from foster care. While I didn't share with the school all the details of their past, they knew enough. I felt that the school counselor was just completely unaware or didn't care about the damage that she could do to a child that had the kind of background that he did. Unfortunately, damage was done and now almost a year later we are dealing with the ramifications.

Posted January 27, 2009
Great school. Great faculty. I suggest going here it has great leadership and self building assments. My kids loved the school.

Posted April 28, 2008
I have a sone in 5th grade and a daughter in 3rd grade at Woodland. Both have been at the school since kindergarten. I have been impressed with the level of commitment in this school to both academics and the arts. The music and art programs are exceptional. A high level of parental involvement is welcomed and parental input is encouraged. My son is being tested for the gifted program and my daughter needed remedial reading and I was pleased with the dedication towards both of them in helping them excel.

Woodland Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2007
Great school, wonderful teachers

Woodland Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2007
My experience has not been too great. My son has been at Woodland for three years now and each year it seems like he keeps getting gruff teachers. It seems as though the older the teachers get, the more bitter, negative and intolerant they are. Last year they labeled my 6 year-old a bully within 2 weeks of school and for the rest of yr there was friction in the air. I have had several run-in's since then with the staff.

Posted August 17, 2007
My two girls have attended this school first grade through sixth grade, and we have nothing but great things to say about it. The Principal leads the school with a positive attitude and puts the students first. He greets them and the parents by name and with a smile. The teachers' have been very attentive to the differences in both of my girls' learning styles, and the girls have excelled academically. The music and band programs are excellent as well at Woodland, and it carries on throughout the district. Parental involvement is highly encouraged and supported here as well. I could not have asked for a better elementary school experience for my daughters!

Posted October 26, 2004
This is a new school, it is out in the country and everything about it is wonderful. Our children have been to a few schools and they never want to leave this one. My son doesn't want to go into 7th grade because he likes it so much. They have great programs for children with disibilties like slow reading and writing. All of the teachers put the children first. When you go to special events all of the kids have smiles and say hi to everyone.

Woodland Elementary School
12709 South Smart Rd, Lee's Summit, MO  64086
Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top