Lee's Summit, MO

Miller Park Center 1

Posted October 20, 2013
Do not let your child go there. Do not let your child's home school talk you in to it like I did with my son. The police are called on a daily basis. I was told there wasn't funding available for a Resource Officer. This is LSR7's answer to not paying money to a REAL therapeutic answer like Gillis or other well established qualified school option. Miller Park set the course for a very dark battle my son is just now recovering from. It is a joke.

Miller Park Center 5

Posted December 13, 2012
As a foster parent for 15+ years, this is the best school for children with special behavioral needs, I have seen in the state. They are very thourough with testing, set standards that cause my children to stretch, but at a level they can handle. Lots of 1 on 1 attention, and they have been very patient, understanding, & caring even with very challenging kids. I have been very impressed with the quality and care of this school.

Miller Park Center 1

Posted March 01, 2012
The director of this center has a substitute teacher's certificate. Do you really need to know any more? The building wasn't good enough for the administration, but is fine for the students that Lee's Summit doesn't want to deal with. The doors are locked and 5 year olds are in the same building as 18 year olds. We're glad that Lee's Summit felt that it was more important to save money than to help these kids. NOT!!

Miller Park Center