Bad
Good

My family has had a great experience at Carman Trails. The dedication of the teachers and staff is very evident. Both of my children excel in reading and math, but not enough for the gifted program. Their teachers have made sure that their skills are being challenged in all areas of education. Dr. Piccinni and Dr. Villigram have been a great addition to Carman and I've see great changes in the school over the last couple of years since they arrived. Carman Trails is an outstanding school!

My family's experience at Carman Trails has been wonderful across the board. I am most impressed by the progress of the children that English is their 2nd language. I've seen amazing progress over the years with the kids' ability to speak and present their work to the parents at various events. I think this is due to the dedication of the teachers and the great Carman community. My kids have really benefited from exposure to so many diverse cultures and the different languages of their friends. The music and 3rd grade strings programs are amazing as well.

The first two years for my some were rough with not a lot of communication from the teacher. When I expressedy concerns to the teacher about the way I felt the teacher was handling things she refused to contact me and infact would only communicate with me thru the principal. That is not my idea of a professional teacher. The reading instructor was worse she flat out told me that my son would only be successful if he was medicated. From my understanding since that incident it's a big no no to talk to a parent like that. This year my son has an absolutely fantastic teacher who keeps the lines of communication open in a very professional manor ( with out the cutesy way the teacher last year tried to come off) Tgis second grade teacher is by far the best teacher my son has had. I wish we could have her every year. The assistant principal is fantastic too , but I think if we could do it over again I'm not sure I would have moved into this school district.

My family's experience at Carman Trails has been outstanding! All of the teachers are dedicated, enthusiastic and very caring. We have been impressed by the individual attention our children have received, as well as, the emphasis on diversity and inclusion in the Carman community. My daughter, who attends South Middle often returns to Carman with her classmates with a strong sense of pride and class spirit, instilled during her time spent at Carman Trails.

This school is pretty bad. My child was in Ms. Mayo's class. And we found that if you complain/suggest something to a teacher or Principal, then you will not get much other than retaliation. As a parent I expect the people whom I trust my child with, to be kind, understanding and not egoistic. Beware..

I love this school,faculty and staff. My child is thriving and I could not be more thrilled with the care and leadership at Carman!!!

I really can't say enough about how much I love this school. It is warm and inviting. Carman Trails staff does an excellent job working to cultivate a community feeling for students who come from diverse backgrounds. All of our children have attended Carman Trails, some from kindergarden through fifth grade and overall our experience has been a positive one. I'm not sure why some people have written negative things here because we have had a great experience.

I bought the house within this school district based on the general rating of "parkway south". What a mistake. The staff shows me no organization skills, and no one seems to care about anything. I made an appointment to talk to someone prior to enrolling my daughter. When I took off from work to meet this individual on the scheduled date & time, this individual is nowhere to be found, and no one seems to know where she is during school hour.

I have three children all of whom have attended Carman Trails starting in August 2001 up to now (5/2010). I currently have a child attending Carman Trails who has just finished the third grade. We cannot say enough about how great our experience has been in having children attend this school. The faculty, for the most part, have been excellent and have truly done a fantastic job caring for our children academically as well as providing a safe and enjoyable place for them to grow. The principal; vice principal; office staff; teachers of art, music, and PE, and other staff have always been helpful, friendly and encouraging. Our children have consistently scored well into the 90th percentile in all subjects on standardized tests. My only concern has been that I do not like their current math program.

My 4th grader has been at Carman Trails since kindergarten when we had trouble even getting him to learn the alphabet. Now he is getting straight A's and is doing incredible on the standardized tests. I can't say enough great things about the teachers and staff - they continually go above and beyond what is necessary. We would definitely recommend Carman Trails.

Last modified Carman Trails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.