Manchester, MO

Posted March 20, 2014
I graduated from Parkway South in 2011 and at the time I did not realize how great of an education I was receiving. When I first began college I was pre-med and taking a Biomedical Science class. The labs I was doing in my freshman college class I had already done my freshman and sophomore years of high school. I will admit that I had a few teachers I did not get along with, however that will happen at any school with any student. South has so many classes available and they offer lower-level, average, honors, AP, dual enrollment and CWC classes. They really work to help the students and teach acceptance. The student body is extremely diverse which is excellent; it prepares students for their future educational atmosphere and career. I have had several of the teachers write recommendation letters for me and am so appreciative of everything they have done. I was not active in sports, however I participated Key Club, DECA, the Environmental Club, Peer Teaching, High School Heroes, and I was a buddy for the Special Olympics. South provides its students with so many opportunities, the students just need to be responsible and take advantage of them.

South High School 2

Posted January 24, 2012
It seems that a few of the tteachers don't work with the students rather against them. They make them wait while playing on internet until it is too late to resolve any difficulty that the student is having in class . If they are sick they don't give them a chance to make up the test or extra credit .They would rather fail them . The guidance counselors don't seem to hhelp much either. I am very dissatisfied with this scool. Also the child development curriculum could use a lot of help and direction . Thankyou

South High School 2

Posted April 14, 2011
PSH is just like any other school when it comes to the curriculum and verying courses they offer. Unless you are looking forward to "hood rat" fights almost every day, I encourage you to keep your distance. Only a freshman at PSH, I've seen more fights than on Jerry Springer. Seriously. Someone needs to control this school and as of right now, that's the students' jobs.

Posted November 06, 2009
This school is really good. They offer so many classes and extra-curricular activities. And most students and teachers are nice here. So if you're looking into this school, you should totally go!

South High School 3

Posted July 24, 2008

Posted March 17, 2008
I graduated from Parkway South in 2006. When meeting students coming from different high schools, Parkway South by far has the most opportunities as far as the classes offered, school organizations and athletics. With so many opportunities, everyone has a chance to find their own place and their own group to excelle in. While there are a few 'bad apples' in the teaching staff, the majority of the teaching staff is excellent, not to mention an outstanding science department! As a freshman, I always looked to the fancy private schools and believed that they were on a much higher level than the public school I attended, but as I met people from these 'high image schools' I find that I am better prepared by the diversity and academics offered at Parkway South. I would encourage prospective students to get a great life experience and education at Parkway South.

Posted January 13, 2007
In comparison with high schools in the western part of the US ie California, this school is definitely very good. I did not realize how great this school was until I moved. It has a more teachers, more money, greater resources, larger course variety, more developed curriculum, and better technology. This is compared to schools in the west.

South High School 3

Posted January 03, 2007
I am a senior at Parkway South and I have to say with all the hype about Parkway this is a very average school. It is very challenging and resourceful but it's not special. The factor that makes it average is that teacher tenure at this school has kept some bad apples who have respect in the school but lack the energy that students need. It's hard to 'owe' any success to this school, most successful students here go places because that's the kind of student they are- not because of the school. If the prospective high school student is looking forward to AP testing, I would say steer clear from Parkway South. Although they have plenty of classes with the 'AP' label, few of the teachers curriculum will prepare for the AP exams.

Posted September 04, 2006

South High School 1

Posted July 12, 2006
We have had many problems with teacher's bad attitudes. The kids that are bused in are also a cause of huge problems with our child. They use bad language, inappropriate clothing and they are a terrible influence. We are very unhappy with this school.

South High School
801 Hanna Rd, Manchester, MO  63021
Last modified South High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top