Manchester, MO

Posted May 25, 2010
I have two children who attend South Middle and it has been a fantastic experience for our family. The team concept has been a great support especially when transitioning into middle school. There are wonderful after school sports and clubs. The band and choir teachers are outstanding. We had a problem with a bully this year and it was handled discretely and effectively by teachers, counseling staff, and the vice principal over the 7th grade. The front office staff and principal have always been friendly. I feel that the education that my kids are receiving is high quality and will prepare them for the future. I really couldn't ask for a better junior high experience for my children.

South Middle School 0

Posted January 13, 2010
I really love parkway south middle. The teachers are nice and productive dureing school they offer a homework club for most teams to finish up homework makeup tests and retake tests. Most of my teachers are someone I can talk to and trust and I think most of them no me pretty well. But I do see kids being made fun of alot buy I don't think it's really the teachers fault b.c they hav programs like pugs ,bullys to buddies , and counsoling but it would be nice if the teachers would pay a widdle bit mo attion to gets getting bullied

Posted January 14, 2008
South Middle is one of the best schools I have ever gone too. It has a great program for kids with disabilities. I have a learning disability and they have helped me so much. I love the extra cirricular activities. The school is very helpful with bullying. There are clubs for MAP testing preperations. This is a great school for boys and girls of and kind.

South Middle School 4

Posted May 28, 2007
South Middle offers a great deal of extra curricular activities complete with transportation which are very beneficial to the kids. The school had great difficulty with controlling bullying issues complete with both verbal and physical assaults. Disruptive students are left to wander around unsupervised causing problems repeatedly. The school can be slow in responding to requests.

South Middle School 2

Posted April 08, 2007
Parkway South Middle is a huge disappointment. The school is apparently too big, and possibly too disinterested, to adequately address the needs of the students. Our academically gifted son did alright there, but was bored with the 'gifted' curriculum and began losing interest in the schoolwork. However, we had to remove our other son, who is very bright but has ADHD, because he was shuffled through the school instead of having his needs in learning organizational strategies, etc, met. The straw that broke the camel's back in our decision to move this son to a private school was the extreme bullying he was forced to endure at South Middle, which the school showed no interest in controlling despite our repeated visits with administration. In my experience the school is mainly focused on inflating MAP test scores, instead of on addressing the learning needs of the students and providing a safe environment.

Posted December 14, 2006

Posted February 27, 2004

South Middle School
760 Woods Mill Rd, Manchester, MO  63011
Last modified South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top