O'Fallon, MO

Assumption School 1

Posted January 15, 2014
My son attended this school for a few months and I was extremely disappointed with the school. They want well conditioned students and if your child is not they have no problem asking you to leave. They want high dollar but at the same time show No effort to earn that tuition you are paying. The faculty lacks in communication and is very dishonest they lead my family on. Not what I would Call a "catholic school" because what they have done is extremely shady and dishonest. Strongly suggest a different school .

Posted November 23, 2013
My children didn't attend for long. We experienced extremely high teacher turnover rates, intolerant leadership, class sizes of 30, PE just one hour a week, lack of supervision and appropriate activities during recess, inability to make accommodations, and some outdated teaching styles. There are good aspects to the school as well...some caring teachers and students, faith based, several specials, and now new buildings. We wanted our kids to attend here, and were disappointed that it didn't work out.

Posted August 20, 2013
My children left Assumption when we moved away. They were on par academically in Math and Science, but were far below grade level expectations in Reading and Writing at their new school. Assumption offers many opportunities for "specials" but they take too much time away from core subjects in my opinion. I loved the community and my children always felt welcomed socially.

Assumption School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
I have known a number of families who relocated or just transferred out over the years for different reasons and most found that there children were behind after attending Assumption. We are staying but only because we have so little time left.

Posted December 17, 2012
Disappointed with a capital D. Some of the teachers try, but poor behavior hampers their work.

Posted July 08, 2012
I have five grandchildren. Two are in Assumption, two in an Illinois catholic grade school and one in an Illinois public middle school. We visit each three times a year for 2-3 weeks. First, I must say my daughter and her husband really like the school. However, they only notice that their children are happy with the school and the sports there. As a former middle school teacher I notice that the academics are not as rigorous as what my other grandchildren experience and not where I think they should be.

Assumption School 0

Posted October 28, 2010
I LOVE Assumption, because it is a truly loving and academically enhancing environment for children. The grading scale is higher than the public schools (that are A-Rated) and the children step up to that scale by conisistently feeling challenged and attaining their goals. I have two children at Assumption and both LOVE it. It's a step beyond community, it's Family. The teachers are incredibly underpaid (most parochial schools are), yet extremely dedicated! Mrs. Lammert is an absolute asset to the school! The parents I've become close with are welcoming and inclusive. Ever present, Father Joe is amazing at leading the parish and the school to continually thrive. A wonderful environment overall! You will LOVE this school!

Assumption School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
I love Assumption School because of the high standards of education and the love and respect shown by all. The students must take responsibility also.

Assumption School 4

Posted October 31, 2008
Our son is in first grade and is getting a great education in a loving respectful environment.

Assumption School