Bad
Good

My daughter is a freshmen this year, so far she hasn't experienced any diffeculties in any of her classes.

West Middle school to me was a privledge of going to learn. Everybody was so nice and helpful when I needed help. The teachers there will never be forgotten by my family and will always have a special meanIng to me.

This school has too many issues at that. Was there not even a semester before i was thrown out. Kids are just disrespectful and they thought that they could just pick on me without gettin hit. So this school was a MAJOR drop from the other middle schools. Its been awhile Im a sophmore now.

While I would like to say positive things about this school I really feel that this school has major flaws. I would like to say it is a "public school issue" but I found fort zumwalt to be very different than the Francis Howell School District. The teachers are not concerned about teaching the children to thier ability and teaching them good learning skills. They allow students to basically do whatever they want until someone complains. They dont push the children to do thier best work or learn good skills and allow students to not turn in work or turn it in late and still give them full credit (how will that help them in life) They act like they want the parents to be involved but then we the parents are, they make them feel like the are overstepping thier bounds and blow them off. I have interviewed FZW high school and have found it to be very similar. My child will attend high school at a private school and my other children will not be attending this school district either.

I had a child at both FZ south middle and west middle. Both kids are ADD. South middle clearly was better school in terms of helping identify workable solutions for kids who have disorganizational issues and need good processes to make sure homework comes home and gets turned in on time.

I was a current student last year and i was outstanded with my lasting memory there. The students are very bright and so is their grades. The teachers are helpful, plus the afterschool programs were so amasing. The courses are very helpful and fun. Like, FACS, Tech Ed, Art, and Music. The principles are very into their work. It's a beautiful school and it is a very enjoyable place. Hope to have your kids there! :)

I went there for half a year.... I kinda liked it. But i had just come from a class of 5 so it was a very difficult move. But besides the huge class sizes i really enjoyed it

The quality of teachers here is outstanding. I like the way the 6th graders are essentially segregated from the 8th graders, as there is a world of difference between 12 and 14 years of age. I also like the way the 500+ incoming 6 graders were split into 4 manageable teams of approx.125. Having said that, my only substantial complaint about this middle school is the sheer number of students attending. Over 1500 middle schoolers is an overwhelming number, and that number is more likely to increase than decrease. I think the school handles the students remarkably well, but it is by no means ideal.

Other than being a bit crowded, this school has proven to be an excellent institution for my child. We were nervous about switching schools at 8th grade (due to rezoning), but the transition has been a good one. My child is well adjusted and we think the quality of education that she is getting is very solid.

Last modified Ft. Zuwmalt West Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.