Mount Hope Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 601 students

Posted June 12, 2014

I have a second grader in this school who was a new student this year coming from another equally rated school. Her teacher was amazing. Very well organized, pushed the kids past the basic standards of the state, and was awesome with communication. Everything I asked her was responded to and addressed. My daughter was struggling with math when she came into this school and with the help of her amazing teacher-Mrs. Clements-she is able to do the work without a fight and tears. That itself is an accomplishment. I am unable to speak about the principal as I have not had any interaction as of yet. SO far-very impressed.

Posted February 10, 2013

My teacher is amazing! I really love this school! Once you walk in there is a teacher either saying Hi or Good Morning! I would recomend this school to everyone. Its amazing! -A student

Posted June 16, 2010

Mount Hope is a very hands on school. Everyone is involved in helping my child learn and improve his grades; from his teacher to the principal to the speech teacher and everyone he comes in contact with in between. I love Mount Hope!

Posted March 5, 2009

We've had the same experience with this school's principle to the extent that we removed our child from the school. He needs to be replaced with someone who can do the job. If the economy forces us to put our child back into public school, we will readdress this issue. In the interim, those who cannot afford a better school, education and safe environment in the private sector for their children have to live with this school which is extremely unfortunate.

Posted March 4, 2009

I have a kindergartener and 1st grader at this school. The principal does not allow more than 15 min. of homework per night for any grade level and I have had continuous problems with him. We have never had problems in school before and just moved here. Now I feel we are being set up to fail with one child in ISS already. What a dissappointment. Teachers and principal have a hands off, don't want to mess with any challenge attitude.

Posted September 17, 2008

I have 3 children at Mount Hope. This is an amazing school. They really love parent participation here. You are always welcome at any time. I attended a Catholic School as a child and was worried about sending mine to a public school, but I am thrilled with Mount Hope. When you child hits 5th Grade and gets to go to camp for a week with his classmates, he or she will have a great memory for life. Wish I had that opportunity as a kid. Teachers, staff and principle are A+.

Posted September 18, 2006

I have 2 children in this school for the last 5 years and I have nothing but great things to say. I love everything about this school! The teachers have all been terrific and there is any extracurricular activity you could ask for. I don't want to leave out the principal and support staff because they are wonderful.

Posted March 25, 2006

I have 3 children at this school. I love the teachers here. The kids learn so much and the staff is excellent. I believe the staff are the reason this school is so successful in making the school work so well. As far as the principal, he is a nice person, but unattached for the most part with students and families. He needs to become more active with the school and the families. I rarely see him out and about with the kids. I do love this school overall and would recommend it to anyone!

Posted March 20, 2006

I have 2 children at Mt Hope, 2nd and 4th grade. I love this school. Our teachers always have had weekly and monthly assignment sheets, weekly progress reports, and great communication. I have a special needs child with Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, and have been so lucky with his education at this school and could not be more proud! The academic programs for both my kids have been first rate. They are involved in music, art, and Boy Scouts which meet at the school. The principal has been there many, many years and thouroughly loves each and every child...even my special needs child. I could not be happier! My children are walkers, and the school has always put safety first and really watches and gets involved with each family. Any day you are there, you will see other parents too. Come stay with your child for the day!

Posted January 23, 2006

I was excited about the prospet of my children attedning a better school I was disapointed.I have three children in this school and since I have limited word space I will summ up the problems with this school.First no communication with the parents.My childern have been at this scholl for several months and I have not talked to their teachers except at conferences..And I have volenteered! there are no weekly reports to tell parents of childrens progress.There is no homework sheets sent home for the older kids so we have no clue what they are studying. Basically I think this school although better funder is worse run.The teachers seem(for the most part)to want to do the minimum.The schools have our children half the day we should have constant communication with staff and be participants in the corriculam.I feel that this school is not living up to that.

Posted October 26, 2004

My three children attended Mount Hope, First through fifth grade. It was a wonderful school with wonderful, caring Teachers and staff!

Communication Arts

The state average for Communication Arts was 49% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Missouri used the Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in math and communication arts, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The MAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Missouri. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Communication Arts

The state average for Communication Arts was 54% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Communication Arts

The state average for Communication Arts was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

All Students51%
Asian/Pacific Islandern/a
White54%

All Students48%
Asian/Pacific Islandern/a
White48%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education; data is not reported if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group.

All Students62%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 20%N/A45%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1099 Mt Hope Ln