PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 18, 2016
Mr. McSwain and Mrs. Benton were literally a Godsend for us throughout our daughters' education. They are the best teachers ever!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 18, 2016
I believe that when my girls went on to high school they were definitely above the average Freshman academic levels. And they had good values to carry them through.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 18, 2016
I never remember having too much as a child and I certainly don't think my girls had too much. They need to be prepared for high school and the teachers help with that.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 18, 2016
I believe that the kids strive to be good in all they do. From the sports to the choir and the academics the focus is on doing their best.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 18, 2016
When those teachers speak the students listen that's for sure! I believe strong character in the teachers definitely helps control the kids when anyone acts out.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 18, 2016
Whenever there were problems between students they sit them down and work together to bring resolution in a Christian way.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 18, 2016
They instill a strong Christian education built on values and character. The teachers really care and love the kids.

Our Redeemer Lutheran School 5

Posted July 18, 2016
I just love Our Redeemer. I was baptized, confirmed, and married at this church. I went to this school from preschool through 8th grade. My daughters were baptized here, and have been attending since preschool. They are now in 2nd and 4th grades. I had the same preschool and eighth grade teachers they have now, which gives you an idea of the loyalty and love these teachers have for our children. I truly believe that this is the absolute best school for my children to have the highest level of education while learning the best Christian values. It is so clear that these teachers love the kids. I believe they teach using positive reinforcement instead of harsh discipline, unless absolutely necessary. My girls love the teachers they have had. I believe Our Redeemer is producing highly intelligent, compassionate, and well-rounded young adults with great Christian values. We wouldn't send our girls anywhere else. God Bless You,

Our Redeemer Lutheran School 1

Posted February 09, 2013
As a former student I would not send my children to this school. If you are not a wealthy family who is capable of contributing to the school don't expect much. My family was not as well off as others and my school life was miserable. I hated classes,I hated my teachers and going to church and after school activities were the same they did not harbor a Christian attitude to everyone it was better than my option of Normandy but I could have done so much more if teachers believed in me and helped me. My confidence was shattered every year by a teacher who would make fun of the way you did or didn't do something. All in all if you want your child to learn a true Christian attitude choose a different Christian school.

Posted April 23, 2010
I do not think chastising the student that had traded with another to do the free will offering was necessary. Children's feelings are valuable. She praised the one who had done track but chastised another in front of the whole audience. Maybe she thought it was cute but the child and her parents mostly likely did not. I do not believe it creates a Christian atmosphere and my cause a decline in enrollment. Lastly the students put a lot of time to perform why do they have so much homework on a night when they are expected to be at school?

9135 Shelley Avenue, Overland, MO  63114
Last modified Our Redeemer Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8