PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I believe that when my girls went on to high school they were definitely above the average Freshman academic levels. And they had good values to carry them through.

Amount of homework: Agree

I never remember having too much as a child and I certainly don't think my girls had too much. They need to be prepared for high school and the teachers help with that.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They instill a strong Christian education built on values and character. The teachers really care and love the kids.

I just love Our Redeemer. I was baptized, confirmed, and married at this church. I went to this school from preschool through 8th grade. My daughters were baptized here, and have been attending since preschool. They are now in 2nd and 4th grades. I had the same preschool and eighth grade teachers they have now, which gives you an idea of the loyalty and love these teachers have for our children. I truly believe that this is the absolute best school for my children to have the highest level of education while learning the best Christian values. It is so clear that these teachers love the kids. I believe they teach using positive reinforcement instead of harsh discipline, unless absolutely necessary. My girls love the teachers they have had. I believe Our Redeemer is producing highly intelligent, compassionate, and well-rounded young adults with great Christian values. We wouldn't send our girls anywhere else. God Bless You,

As a former student I would not send my children to this school. If you are not a wealthy family who is capable of contributing to the school don't expect much. My family was not as well off as others and my school life was miserable. I hated classes,I hated my teachers and going to church and after school activities were the same they did not harbor a Christian attitude to everyone it was better than my option of Normandy but I could have done so much more if teachers believed in me and helped me. My confidence was shattered every year by a teacher who would make fun of the way you did or didn't do something. All in all if you want your child to learn a true Christian attitude choose a different Christian school.

I do not think chastising the student that had traded with another to do the free will offering was necessary. Children's feelings are valuable. She praised the one who had done track but chastised another in front of the whole audience. Maybe she thought it was cute but the child and her parents mostly likely did not. I do not believe it creates a Christian atmosphere and my cause a decline in enrollment. Lastly the students put a lot of time to perform why do they have so much homework on a night when they are expected to be at school?

Our Redeemer has been under new leadership since last school year. Since then,the school has made a complete (and positive) transformation! This has turned into the school we've wanted it to be for our kids. We couldn't be happier with the school!

I personally love Our Redeemer. My kids have gone there since preschool and they are now in 4th and 5th grade. I love the individual attention to each child and their concerns for the personal, religious, educational growth. This school is my back bone. The amount of support given is outstanding. My kids have more of a chance at a good education at Our Redeemer. I send them there because I know the staff cares and they will uphold good values and teach them to my children and keep them safe. My kids know they care. It's one big family as long as you let it be.

The leadership at this school leaves something to be desired. The students can 'get away' with anything they want with minimal/no recourse. They advertise scholarships are available, but when a church member family falls behind in tuition payments, they resort to sending nasty letters home. The lower grade teachers (K-4) are wonderful and very caring, but the middle school grade teachers are lacking.

My children have attended this school for over 6 years now and we are very pleased. The teachers and principal are great! We have a new computer & science lab, new playground equipment and most importantly, they are getting an excellent education. I feel that my kids are safe and are challenged with the projects that are assigned and in a Christian atmosphere!

Last modified Our Redeemer Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8