Posted December 10, 2014
In the 3 years that my child has attended Graden I've seen that the staff really care about their students and make sure their students get the help necessary to succeed in class. The teachers are friendly and take the time to focus on each individual child. They communicate with the parents daily and encourage the parents involvement. I feel that my child has the opportunity to advanced learning materials compared to school districts near by. My child has ADHD and PTSD. In past schools they punished my child for behavior problems caused by the conditions. Graden has helped my child through the anxiety by making sure my child doesn't feel overwhelmed in class but still completes the school work. The staff encourages the students to be leaders. I think this help the children learn to be responsible. The students are given equal opportunity to participate in the activities and leadership program. I absolutely love this school. I highly recommend Graden.

Posted October 08, 2013
The entire faculty at Graden Elementary is amazing. My son started Kindergarten this year and was recently diagnosed with ADHD and it took some time to get him proper treatment. With his behavior in that time, most schools would have expelled him. They had patience and implemented special curriculum and goals systems to allow him to develop. These teachers are truly special and deserve the highest awards for their efforts to help shape all of the children into productive, intelligent, articulate and polite members of society. The equal treatment of my child even with his challenging behavior has been worth more than words can say. They appreciate my involvement and work with me to make our son an amazing person.

Posted February 11, 2013
We recently moved to MO and placed two of our boys at Graden. Having had them in private school previously, we were entering a new experience, which has been nothing but positive. The teachers are great, the staff is very engaged, and there are great opportunities for involvement. The boys love their classes and have quickly made friends. One of the most positive aspects, is the focus on developing character in the children through teaching and mentoring opportunities. It's great to hear my boys quoting the "7 Habits of a Good Hornet!"

Posted January 23, 2013
We LOVE Graden! Our daughter is in K and she has done nothing but excel. We get DAILY emails from her teacher informing us of the days learning activites. They have wonderful parent involvement. I can't say enough about this school. Dr. Halverstadt the pricipal is fantastic as well!

Posted April 27, 2012
I've had three boys go all the way through this school. The principal is fantastic! Every single teacher we had was at least "VERY GOOD". The boys liked their teachers; the PTA was active; parents were involved. There were lots of ways to become engaged at the school. WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted March 11, 2011
My son is in kindergarten here and also has an IEP, his teachers have been great and attentive. I feel like everyone is truly invested in the kids here and they hold their teachers to very high standards. The location is also very desirable and I think Parkville was recently voted the safest town in Missouri.

Posted November 09, 2009
My twin boys attend kindergarten at this school and I couldn't be happier. Their teachers are attentive, caring and great at teaching all kinds of students. The principal seems to know every child in the school by name, including my two kindergarteners!

Graden Elementary School 3

Posted August 02, 2009
A couple of years ago, our Son attended Graden. This was definitely a bad experience for him and myself. His teacher was 'okay' but took points off for silly things ... that made no sense. It was very difficult to become involved, as well. I'm thankful that we were able to move away to another state. My Son is now loving school again and I'm the President of the PTO.

Graden Elementary School 0

Posted December 23, 2007
My daughter has gone through K-5th grade at Graden. The teachers are fantastic and teach with compassion and enthusiasm. We remain in this school district because of the acadmic levels of this school. Graden thrives on parent involovment which is critical to all schools. The school is very much family based and encourages on all levels.

Graden Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2007
Having experienced elementary schools in two other states, I can confidently say that Graden does not meet my expectations. They're good, but not great. Their stated FTE-to-Student ratios are inaccurate as my daughter is in a class of 23. Their technology reach is from the dark ages. And our particular teacher is by-the-book and lacks innovation or creativity. All that said, they're OK but not great.

Graden Elementary School
8804 Hwy 45 NW, Parkville, MO  64152
Last modified Graden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Graden Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top