Pevely, MO

Pevely Elementary School
Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 20, 2015
Bullying issues could of been addressed sooner. My child was punched and had marks was not acknowledged until I contacted the superintendent.

Pevely Elementary School 3

Posted May 20, 2015
Bullying issues with my 2nd grader took me contacting the superintendent to get acknowledged. Teachers seem caring with my special needs kindergartner

Posted May 07, 2015
Pevely Elementary has made and continues to make great strides in improving the overall academic issues, the library (there's a brand new one that is not only very large in size, but packed full of 1000's of books), the playground (also brand new) and overall professionalism. While it's not perfect and lacking in organization between staff, teachers and parents at times, there is always attempts at continued improvement. There is also gym every day as a requirement now. I'm a parent, but I also believe if you have an issue with the school that you should bring it to their attention. They will do their absolute best to correct it. I only say that because if you look at the few complaints each of those have been addressed and corrected over the years. I find that comforting as a parent of a student who has attended from Kindergarten to 4th grade and will continue in the 5th.

Posted March 28, 2014
We have had major teacher bullying student issues, we have had obsesive teachers that go to a very creepy level of stalker like behavior .with my child. When brought to the schools attention especially the new principals attention it is ignored and worse yet my children and my self have been bullied for trying to better the situation. they act in a way that i myself have a hard time wrapping my head around . it has gotten so bad we have decided to pull our children out mid year and put them in a private school, i have actually taken out a 3rd job to afford it !! but well worth it not to have to worry about my children being treated this way!!! its like being in a nightmare , if they decide they don't like you as a parent or your child they will make sure that you are treated so terrible that you yourself dread taking your child to school in the mornings my kindergartener has come home in tears more times than not because of bullying by staff and pinning her against her sister!!teachersthe education provided in the school is so behind the rest of the world! its just terrible! all of that being said , it does have a few that are good teachers,the gym coaches seem very careing.

Posted February 17, 2014
My son is in Kindergarten this year and so far I love the school. His teachers are great.

Posted August 26, 2012
About the comment saying that Pevely supports childhood obesity, when my three children from the district bring home their weekly schedule they always have PE everyday. It is required for them to wear tennis shoes every day because they have gym everyday. As far as the library, my kids LOVE the library and constantly bring home a variety of books. I was a little upset last year because there was continuous Head Lice outbreaks and we battled it for four to five months. We'd get our children cleared up and then they'd come home covered in nits again. That was the worst of it. My children enjoy this school better than the other two districts they've been in.

Pevely Elementary School 5

Posted August 04, 2012
Obviously the person thinking that out principle should be on a pole because of the way she dresses... #1 have no self confidence #2 bases the school on the way people dress (classy not trashy) #3 does not see the big picture on the way our children are all treated equally by her and she is always such an inspiration and encouraging human being. Shouldn't we be teaching our children not to judge a book by its cover? Last time I checked this is the problem we are having in today's society. Instead of judging why don't we just all get along and teach our children that being dfferant is ok no more judging it is ridiculous!

Posted January 29, 2012
My child attends this school and we are considering home schooling. The principal is very compassionate and really does seem to care. On the previous comment below yes, she is very beautiful and dresses feminine... far from the derogatory comment though. We loved our child's kindergarden teacher but the first grade teacher seems to mark my child's paper wrong consistently on things that are clearly NOT wrong, and she adds up the score erroneously... meaning my child's grade is marked lower than it actually is, and is often out of line in how she speaks to my child. We did address this in the beginning with the principal & the teacher and it's gotten progressively worst I believe because we did do the proper thing. We've even addressed it again with just the teacher and there's clearly a power trip issue here. We now surprisingly to her keep the stacks of papers with numerous errors she has clearly made on my child's work & are now considering other options. I feel there should be a psychology degree & a class on professionalism & compassion because of the effects they have on a child's self-esteem. I feel her intent clearly is NOT to inspire or empower my child.

Posted September 27, 2010
One week before the first day of school, my wife and I toured Pevely Primary. To put it bluntly, the librairy reminded us of one of those project houses in the ghetto (all clean and new), before it gets run down like the rest of the project buildings. There were very few books in the librairy, but hey - there was new carpet. Outside - the playground had old rebar jutting up and out of the ground in three spots. The lack of communication (from our son's teacher) leaves something to be desired. However, the worst thing about this school is the fact that that "Pevely Primary" and the Dunklin School District seems to embrace the nationwide statistic of growing childhood obesity. Specifically, gym is offered only once per week, with art and music being offered two and three times per week... and kids get recess taken away as punishment!

Pevely Elementary School 5

Posted June 07, 2010
My son will be starting 1st grade in the fall here at Pevely Primary. He attended Kindergarden here as well. I'm so happy with this school, the teachers & principle. He loves school and they work with him so well. He sometimes needs a little one on one, and they make time for him. His brother will also attend Kindergarten in 2012. This is a wonderful school. Very easy to work with and keeping you informed.

Pevely Elementary School
30 Main St, Pevely, MO  63070
Last modified Pevely Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pevely Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top