Bad
Good

I have been very happy with the school district; and, I'm even happier that this next year they are changing the bell schedule so the kids don't have to get up as early. The school does have mostly white children; however, more African-Americans are moving into the school district, which really pleases me. (My kids are biracial.) Also, they are acknowledging the stronger military presence because of Ft. Leavenworth being so close. So far I've been happy with the teachers and administrators. Also, I felt my kids were very prepared for MO's annual test - they both did well. I am looking forward to the upcoming school year.

My oldest daughter is in the first grade at Siegrist, and I am very happy with the school district. The teachers are very helpful and understanding.

Both my boys started siegrist in Nov. and they both love their new teachers. The school seems to very organized and clean. The staff has been wonderful about helping us with our new transition. The only complaint we have with the school is the extremely early start time. My boys really seem to have a hard time with that, and they go to bed at 7:30, I would love it if we could start at 8:45. Great school and I love the Great Big Goals you set for the children to help them achieve!!! by: Michelle Heil

I am a parent and I love the school and the school district. The teachers are great and the school is good about keeping parents in the loop. I have to say something about the comment above saying the school needs more diversity. The school it mainly white middle class because that is the main demographic of the town I'm sur ewhen the town becomes more diverse the wchool will as well.

The teachers at this school are pretty great. I do however do have reservations about the Art and Music teacher. We won't have to deal with them after this year! My child's main teachers have always been great. Everyone loves Mrs. Jermain and Mrs. Mcguiness(reading teacher)Overall I think this school is pretty special.

Last modified Donald D. Siegrist Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.