Posted August 06, 2010
I have been very happy with the school district; and, I'm even happier that this next year they are changing the bell schedule so the kids don't have to get up as early. The school does have mostly white children; however, more African-Americans are moving into the school district, which really pleases me. (My kids are biracial.) Also, they are acknowledging the stronger military presence because of Ft. Leavenworth being so close. So far I've been happy with the teachers and administrators. Also, I felt my kids were very prepared for MO's annual test - they both did well. I am looking forward to the upcoming school year.

Posted January 22, 2010

Posted March 06, 2009
My oldest daughter is in the first grade at Siegrist, and I am very happy with the school district. The teachers are very helpful and understanding.

Posted January 29, 2009
Both my boys started siegrist in Nov. and they both love their new teachers. The school seems to very organized and clean. The staff has been wonderful about helping us with our new transition. The only complaint we have with the school is the extremely early start time. My boys really seem to have a hard time with that, and they go to bed at 7:30, I would love it if we could start at 8:45. Great school and I love the Great Big Goals you set for the children to help them achieve!!! by: Michelle Heil

Donald D. Siegrist Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2008
I am a parent and I love the school and the school district. The teachers are great and the school is good about keeping parents in the loop. I have to say something about the comment above saying the school needs more diversity. The school it mainly white middle class because that is the main demographic of the town I'm sur ewhen the town becomes more diverse the wchool will as well.

Donald D. Siegrist Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
The teachers at this school are pretty great. I do however do have reservations about the Art and Music teacher. We won't have to deal with them after this year! My child's main teachers have always been great. Everyone loves Mrs. Jermain and Mrs. Mcguiness(reading teacher)Overall I think this school is pretty special.

Posted March 26, 2004
My son is in second grade at this wonderful school. (03-04) His amazing and caring teacher is Mrs. Long. The only negative aspect I see within this school is the lack of ethnic diversity! Basically all white and middle class (both students and teachers). With that in mind - excellent all around school!

Donald D. Siegrist Elementary School
1701 Branch St, Platte City, MO  64079
Last modified Donald D. Siegrist Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Donald D. Siegrist Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top