Raymore Elementary School

Public | PK-4

Posted October 28, 2013

Just finished with my parent teacher conference and couldn't be happier! The principal and couple of teachers greeted me with smiles as soon as I walked in. My child's teacher knows exactly what his progress is and told me her plan to push him....not just teach to the low or the average which is refreshing! Great leadership from the principal & great teachers here who really care and work hard to make learning fun. Several even got promotions this year! I would like to see the school increase security-maybe some bullet-proof glass or a buzz-in system. Can't be too careful with everything going on but all in all I feel like my child is safe and we are very happy at Raymore!

Posted May 30, 2013

This was our sons experience: Uninspired teacher. Lack of adequate physical activity. Principle focused only on test results. Our son has flourished since we moved and is now in advanced classes. Raymore Elementary was not a good fit for our him. The main reason we moved was to get away from that school and the district.

Posted April 19, 2013

This is an amazing school! The principal is truly the most dedicated individual and the teachers are wonderful! The school has very high results in test scores but they value our children as individuals. There are some tough kids and yet they are patient and always make sure our own students feel safe. There are so many ways for us to be involved from helping with projects like their weekend food program for hungry kids or dads who serve as WatchDOGS. Raymore is a great community and school, and we feel so fortunate to be part of it!

Posted November 15, 2011

My son has been in Raymore Elementary since K-2. It has been nothing but bad experiences, which started in Kindergarten, and has continued. The school wants to put children in special education classes; instead of, working with the student. My child has been picked on, called names, and treated unfairly. Nothing every seems to be accomplished.

Posted August 11, 2010

We moved to Raymore for the schools and I could not be more disappointed. They have treated my son horribly. At this point I'm paying for a private school until we're able to move. Now that my son is at a school that cares about him, he's excelling,

Posted July 16, 2010

My son attended Raymore Elem. from K-2. I believe he received an excellent education. The new principal is very involved, smart, and genuinely cares about the students, parents, and success of the schools. Several of the teachers are awesome--educated, caring, and involved. A number of opportunities were available for parental involvement. My son had a very positive experience.

Posted October 4, 2009

they have really caring teachers who take time to see that the kids are educated and loved

Posted January 3, 2009

I am a former educator myself and find this school to be top notch. I spend a lot of time volunteering and substitute teaching at this school. The staff is excellent! The expectations for behavior and academics are clear and consistent. When we first moved to Raymore I was disappointed our kids would not be going to one of the newer schools. I could not have been more wrong. I am so happy we ended up in this school's boundaries!

Posted June 24, 2008

My daughter loves this school. The field trips a re paid for by the PTA. The Staff is top notch and though it is one of the older schools in the district they have recently done some renovations.

Posted April 6, 2007

My son has been at Raymore Elementary for two years, we have had great luck with his teachers so far. There was a lot of teachers that left the school last summer, and I can't help but wonder why? My son loves all the special programs like computer class and art. Overall a great school!

Posted March 1, 2007

I feel this school does not have a good music program. There are no Talent Shows, no music programs for EACH grade and no plays. I think these programs would benefit the students and boost their creativity. I think parents would enjoy seeing their children perform,too. Several other Ray-Pec schools offer musical programs, why not Raymore Elementary? I think parents are not involved enough at the school. I think they close their eyes, drop their kids off and let the school run itself. I do not understand why parents do not spend more time at the school to see what is going on inside the classrooms. We all work. We can give our school and kids more time.

Communication Arts

The state average for Communication Arts was 49% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Missouri used the Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in math and communication arts, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The MAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Missouri. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Communication Arts

The state average for Communication Arts was 54% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students58%

Asian/Pacific Islandern/a
White66%
Free or reduced-price lunchn/a
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education; data is not reported if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group.

All Students62%

• Ms. Michelle Hofmann
Fax number
  • (816) 892-1926

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

500 South Madison