Posted December 02, 2014
I went here for my elementary years and am now in high school in another kansas city suburb school district and I am thankful for everything that I have learned here because some of the things taught to other students is a bit challenging for them but because I had already learned them at Laurel Hills, I am a little more advanced than they are. This is one of the best elementary schools.

Laurel Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2014
Loved Laurel Hills. My son attended from second grade to fifth grade. Made it a point to be an active parent. I asked lots of questions and got lots of positive feedback and direction from the teachers. My sons grades went up every year and teachers had no problem with calling or emailing me if there were concerns. I couldn't ask for better school or a better group of teachers.

Posted March 12, 2014
My oldest son started Kindergarten at Laurel Hills last year, and is now in first grade. I have 3 other boys who will be attending Laurel Hills as well. We couldn't be happier with the education our son is currently receiving. They have an excellent security system, the teachers are fantastic, and there are lots of fun family activities throughout the school year. I am surprised to see some of the negative comments below. For those who are deciding on which school to send their child/children, remember this: Most of the time, people only leave feedback if they have something bad to say. That is something I have come to learn when reading reviews. Go to the school and check it out for yourself before making a decision.

Posted July 21, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009

Laurel Hills Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2008
As a Grandparent with an educational background, there are some areas for improvement in teaching skills. When visiting the school, I am pleased with the security system they have in place. The staff are not as outgoing as I would like them to be to parents, grandparents, and students. I am becoming more familiar with the administration and the district's policies regarding visitors in the school. The PTA is very active and lacks the volunteers to help with several yearly planned activities, Their fund raisers have benefited the school greatly, and I would like to see the doors opened to not only parent volunteers in the classrooms, but also the grandparents. All schools need improvement along with the districts that they are under. I enjoy Laurel Hills and my grandchildren are learning and growing daily. It must be remembered also that test scores do not define a school.

Posted February 08, 2008

Posted October 17, 2007
My daughter attends the school currently. The quality of the education at this school is insufficient. My daughter has attended the school since kindergarten, I have taught her at home every year, because she is not challenged at all at this school. I would not recommend this school to anyone. My daughter will be changing schools next school year.

Posted August 22, 2007
My son (who is now in 10th grade) attended Laurel Hills and it totally changed his life. He only went there for 4th and 5th grade. He entered as a child who didn't like school and left as a child who loved school, finally realizing how important it is. My daughter attended K and is now in 1st grade there. I couldn't be more impressed with everything.

Posted May 14, 2006
My daughter is about to leave elementary and embark on her middle school years. I think the teachers and staff at Laurel Hills have more than prepared her in both academics and social skills. It is a great school with caring staff.

Laurel Hills Elementary School
5401 Ln, Raytown, MO  64133
Last modified Laurel Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top