Bad
Good

Raytown South Middle School is awesome. Not perfect, but still a great school. My child is involved in accelerated classes, jazz band, and sports. He will leave middle school with high school credits already in place.

This school is pretty cool. The teachers are pretty nice here!! The lockers are great here..bring your child here now

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. The administration is horrible, the principles are more about their own appearance, and the most of the teaching staff are just their to make themselves feel intelligent. I have sent two of my 3 children here, Fortunately I was smart enough to pull my second one out and will NOT be sending my 3rd. There are a few selective good teachers, but they are sadly outweighed.

my child is in the seventh grade and is a.straight A student at RSMS, and ive always been concerned with the lack of emphasis some parents put on education at our school.To the parents who dont know fights are prevelent at school. If we as parents dont bond together soon running to the high school wont help we will be running to another district. Its a shame the changes Ive seen in Raytown schools in such a short time.

Run as fast as you can from this school. Terrible communication and rampant apathy from the administration! Very few of the staff seem to care about the job they have. It is too bad but I cannot wait until my children are out of this school! The Principal does not follow through and apathy seems to be acceptable for this middle school. All of this filters down to the staff and students. FIND ANOTHER SCHOOL

I have been very impressed with the quality of education that this school offers. I have also been extremely pleased with the care and concern of the teachers here. I believe the principal has high expectations and holds the students accountable for behavior and academic progress. I would highly recommend this school!

I am a former student. My time at Raytown South I was not the best. The teachers focus more on discipline than teaching the curriculum. The students in the classes distract committed students and they disrespect the teachers. Fights are in style now and they pollute the learning enviornment in my opinion. I am a freshman at Rockhurst High School and I must say it was the best transition of my life. I suggest to parents a catholic education if your child is committed to learning. However,Raytown South is not a good learning enviornment.

This school is all about fights i have heard of sooooo many fights its not funny my child is attendin that school and she has came home saying the same thing "there was a fight today it wasss soooo funny" i dont want my child in this kind of enviroment. cant wait to get her out of there and into raytown high school.

The problems I have with RSMS isn't the teachers so much as it is the Principals. They say they are always available to talk with parents but whenever I've called I always hear the same thing. . . .'Leave a message and they'll get back with you.' That never happens! I have 2 children in that school this year. One is struggling, but not because of any teachers fault. The other is doing well. I just think if they say they're going to do something or have something available, then they should follow through. Too many things that have been discussed over the last 3 years have not been done. The kids are losing out on a wonderful middle school experience because the Principals of the school aren't doing their part. They are leaving it up to the teachers and other staff to run the school instead of doing it themselves.

Not impressed with this school in the last couple years. It's really gone down hill since my first child went through there 5 years ago. Alot of labeling of kids from teachers & principal. Can't wait to get my kids out of there!

Last modified South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.