Raytown Sr. High School 2

Posted November 14, 2011
I went to RHS from 2005-2009. Many from my graduating class say this school has gone downhill immensely. For the most part, the teachers do want their students to succeed. However, many of the students just choose not to do their work. A lot of students that go to RHS come from problematic families and just don't want to attend school. There are a lot of comments saying the school is very diverse. Here are the 2010 racial demographics of RHS: White: 44%, Black: 46%, Hispanic: 7%, Asian: 2%, American Indian: 1%. So the school is predominantly white and black. I'm sorry, but this is not "diverse". If the school were truly diverse every race listed would be at 25%. I'm pretty sure these comments saying this school is diverse are just politically correct commentators pointing out the steady rise in African American students coming to the school. One thing I dislike about RHS is the fact they baby-sit their students rather treating them like the young adults they are. We had something implemented in 2007 called "Hall freezes", where students remaining in the hallways after passing period was over would get a detention. This is something I would expect to be in a middle school not RHS.

Raytown Sr. High School 3

Posted April 05, 2011
Rating something such as a school is very subjective. It is unfair to judge a school such as Raytown High with schools that have nearly unlimited resources and parental support. "The greatest generation" populated Raytown in part to live in a community that they considered affordable, safe, and that offered high quality schools. That's the Raytown High I graduated from in 1972 (5 stars then). I see comments here about diversity and a nurturing atmosphere. Diversity is desirable and so is a nurturing atmosphere, but the real question is what are you able to accomplish educating kids with the talent, resources, and support you have available. Raytown schools are better than outsiders think but not as good as locals like to believe. Raytown's test scores seem to indicate that the district is struggling to deliver educational excellence in a community that has aged and come upon a difficult economic time. I encourage the school and community leadership to partner together to focus upon offering the patrons and students of the district a safe, high quality education. Figure out a way to dramatically improve test scores from where they are today in 2011. KIDS MATTER! TEST SCORES MATTER!

Raytown Sr. High School 1

Posted January 03, 2011
this web site is not working right, just like good old Rattown Higgggggh, and the saditic coaches who not only abused me physically but did everything they could to humiliate me. The administration ignored my complaints to the point that I quit going to P.E His name was Coach Chttwood. Now they have named the stadium after the most sadistic and crulest man I have ever known. I soit on his grave.

Posted September 25, 2009
RHS is very diverse, we like that. Every student has a chance, if they take advantage, to get a good high school education. We think as good as any in the state of Missouri.

Posted September 23, 2009
THey have a great program for help learning disablity, great sports program that they balance with a strong academic program. They have some amazing kids doing great thngs and the accomplishments in academics make them and area leader.

Posted September 23, 2009
Raytown High School serves a diverse population and offers great options for students who plan to enter either college or a career. We have great students who excel academically, athletically, and in the arts!

Posted September 23, 2009
Our school is incredibly diverse but such a friendly atmosphere!!

Raytown Sr. High School 5

Posted September 23, 2009
Raytown students are some of the finest around the town and the teachers are willing to go the extra mile to benefit a student.

Raytown Sr. High School 5

Posted September 23, 2009
I love the diversity of the students and the support that the students and the parents receive from the faculty.

Posted September 23, 2009
Raytown High School has an excellent and caring staff that encourages the students to do their best.

Raytown Sr. High School
6019 Blue Ridge Blvd, Raytown, MO  64133
Last modified Raytown Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Raytown Sr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top