Raytown, MO
Students enrolled: 1,164

Raytown South Sr. High School 3

Posted November 03, 2014
I live in the Meadowlane neighborhood. The juveniles in this neighborhood attend Raytown South. These juveniles are violent, foul-mouthed, destructive...they say filthy things to the white people in this neighborhood. I can't imagine working at this school is fulfilling if that's what the faculty/staff have to deal with

Posted July 23, 2011
I'm doing my student teaching here and I think this school is pretty great. They have Smart Boards, laptops for students to use in class, graphing calculators for every student, and brand new textbooks. Their library is fantastic, they have a great art department, excellent special education, and faculty have good attitudes. Even the lunches are decent.

Posted February 27, 2010
The teachers are good, but the students don't care to the point the the adults stop caring. The drug, sex, pregnancy, alcohal rates are at an all time high. People get surprised to find out I don't do that stuff. It's sad.

Posted October 09, 2009
I rate the leadership of Raytown South as excellent. The administration and teachers work in harmony to provide the eucation that is tailored for each student, not a mass educational system where you learn it or not. Raytown South assists each student in being successful in their educational goals and prepare them for life after high school, rather that be college, university, vocational, military, etc. I give Raytown South very high marks. Mainly because they're high on student acheivement.

Posted December 11, 2008
I go here and the school isn't very good. There are very few challenge classes, like 2 and they are only offered to seniors. The other students aren't nice and nobody seems to respect each other. Most students there don't care about learning and they don't care about the teachers or anyone else.

Posted November 23, 2008
I love this school I want to give a shout out to the best principal Ms. magnessen

Posted May 21, 2007
While the teaching styles may differ, my child has excelled at RSHS. The administrators don't put up with acting out and they do have a learning environment. Whether your child is successful or not depends on what you do as a parent and if they want to excel or not. RSHS athletics teaches character and the coaches and teachers care about the success of the kids. We have critical eyes when it come to our kids education and we rate RSHS #1.

Posted March 29, 2007
It is an awesome school academically and when it comes to discipline!

Posted March 20, 2007
Have not been very impressed with Raytown South high school. For one, they have a very relaxed tardy and absentee policy. A child can be tardy 10 times before they get reprimanded at all. My son complains that the kids talk to each other all through class and the teachers do nothing to stop it. Moving in part to change high schools.

Raytown South Sr. High School
8211 Sterling Ave, Raytown, MO  64138
Last modified Raytown South Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Raytown South Sr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top