Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

It absolutely blows my mind that this school only received a rating of 3! My daughter attends school here, and I have nothing but positive things to say about it. The building gives an overall warm, cozy, and nostalgic vibe. It's clean, and adorably decorated. It feels safe inside, and the school's values are to be " Safe, Respectful, and Responsible". The secretary, principal, teachers, and all additional staff are dedicated, amazing, and caring. The PTA is fabulous, and they hold many events throughout the year. I feel as though my daughter is receiving a top-notch elementary education. I cannot say enough good things about Southwood Elementary School!

Because I know a few of the teachers here, I know this school is a very good one.

Great school. Love the administration and the teachers. My two kids are thriving and I couldn't ask for better.

Great school. I have two children currently attending and they are both doing great. From the teachers to the support staff - this school is running like a well oiled machine. Very pleased with the education my children are getting!

This is a very great school in the Raytown School Dist my grandkids goes 2nd an 3rd of this year 2013 they love it an the teachers are so good with the kids all of them they have even extended day for parents that works late...Nice to know they care..

I know that one of the counselors there is wonderful with the children. Several of our children at our church attend this school And this school opens itself to the community to some adult exercise classes offered by the Raytown School Adult Program.

Last modified Southwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.