Spring Valley Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2014
This school is great, that continues to improve. The teachers are dedicated and truly care about the students. It shows through that they desire to help students excel both in and outside of the classroom. Mrs. Converse in particular is a breath of fresh air. She motivates her students to accomplish great things!

Spring Valley Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2014
It gets 2 stars from me because of the families in this school's attendance areas. The test scores are the worse in the district. Look at it's Rating (1out of 10). I think there are a lot of behavioral issues with a lot of the kids. Unfortunately the principal thinks drilling the children and assessing, assessing, assessing will help. I disagree. Schools should do more hands-on learning. This school would surely benefit.

Posted July 19, 2014
I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS SCHOOL !!!! I wish that my baby girl could go back i hate that she has to switch school districts, its sooo not fair at all. The Staff is great the Pricipal is wonderful even the parents are very involved with everything... it just breaks her lil heart that she cant go there for 1st grade... EVERYTHING WAS Great there i would recommand parents to send there their children there if they live in Raytown ...Imma sure miss this school even the music and art teacher were just amazing people... One of the best I've seen

Spring Valley Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2009
All my children went to this school. There have been many changes from staff to principals changing every one and half to every two years. It needs to become more stable for the district to leave teachers alone and stop moving them. Teachers have gotten frustated and moved on also. I was involved in the PTA for almost thirteen years there. It became very tiring not to have other parents get involved. If PTA seemed pushy it was because they needed help and were only trying to get parents involved in planning activities at their child school. What was once an above average has become an average school because of all the changes.

Posted March 05, 2008
All three of my kids have/are going here and I have always loved it. The teachers have been very caring and kind people, the education was quality and the office staff are all wonderful. The pushiness and righteousness of some PTA moms may be what scares away more parental involvement with the PTA but otherwise everything alse about the school is great!

Posted February 06, 2008

Posted October 18, 2007

Spring Valley Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2006
Spring Valley Elementary is a great school with a very dedicated staff and PTA. Our children are so wonderful and loving. My younger brother attended school here years ago and now my children go to school here. Wonderful!

Posted April 07, 2005
I have three children going to this school, ages 11-5, and I have always been happy. The teachers are wonderful and always willing to work with the parents. The education that they have received is quality and compared to other schools in the area I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else! The PTA could use a little more parent involvement since that's what it is supposed to be but that can be worked on.

Spring Valley Elementary School
8838 East 83rd St, Raytown, MO  64138
Last modified Spring Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top