Savannah, MO

Posted January 23, 2015
Administration, and District covers up and protects Bullies while punishing the Victims of bullying. FB Put a Stop to Bullying in Savannah Missouri.

Posted February 05, 2011
A great school has: -excellent teachers -strong principle/school leadership -challenging academic programs savannah does not have these qualities, simple as that.

Posted September 29, 2010
the school is more focussed on football or the appearance of the school they forget about the students & what they truely need. They raised he price of school lunches & lowered the portion sizes. I feel that since the students are growing & don;t have the same stomach size as they did in elementary they shouldn't serve the same portion size as they do in elementary. They choose to spend most if not all the money they raise on football or public appearance.

Posted December 16, 2009
To anyone coming to the Savannah School District from outside districts you may want to come prepared. Our schools here are more advanced than some schools. The programs here strive for excellence, respect, responsiblity, and many other things. If your child doesn't want to work hard or comes from a school where the curriculum is very slow than Savannah may not be for you unless you are willing to work hard. I have 2 children in the Savannah schools and 2 that have graduated and are in college. My children have always been above their reading level (do in part to the wonderful reading programs) and have not struggled more than they should. Kudos to the Savannah School District, I as a parent am VERY proud of your MANY achievements!!

Posted October 29, 2008
I've been in the Savannah District all of my 12 grades of schooling experience and I love it! I would MUCH rather attend here than any other schools in our conference or in the area. The teachers are all great and push you to do your best. They teach well and provide unlimited numbers of opportunities to receive help if something is not understood. If your child is failing, it's only because they're not applying themselves. I've been a high honor roll student my whole life and I love being able to take advanced classes here. The curriculum is fantastic and challenges you, but isn't too hard by any means at all. You have the ability to choose how hard of classes you want to take. I know several people who have switched schools because others in the area were 'easier' and they wanted to be able to slack off.

Posted December 15, 2006
The quality of the academic programs is amazing at Savannah High School. Your student will only fail if they do not apply themselves to his or her work. Many students have gone on to universities outside the state, such as Ivy League universities. There is an unlimited amount of extracurricular activities.

Savannah High School 2

Posted April 27, 2006
We moved to this district 2 years ago and my honor roll student is now failing school. The administration will not take affirmative action on bullying and the teachers are allowed to get away with more than they should. I have two children going who have now attended all three Savannah schools, and I must say that the Elementary school is by far the most positive experience that we have had here. The middle school administration didn't do much when we needed them to, and High School didn't do much about bullying. I'd like to say that this is a wonderful district because I am from this area, but I am forced to admit that it is lacking in professionalism, compassion, and structured policy.

Savannah High School
701 State Rte East, Savannah, MO  64485
Last modified Savannah High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Savannah High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top