Slater, MO

Alexander Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2014
I think that this school has done well in the last year with the new principal in junior high and high. I would like to see the teachers do better in working with the students.

Alexander Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2010
The Slater School District, especially the Slater Alexander Elementary school is a farce. There is a certain group of kids, whose parents happen to be friends with many of the teachers, seem to be favored more than others. As well, they get preferential treatment when it comes to community sports. Not only that, but the parents of these kids also get to make the rules and are the ones to set up everything. That would be an excellent thing, had it not been for the way 'They' run things. I've had two children attend from Kindergarten on up, one is a junior in high school, the other is in fifth grade. The high school one has been picked at and bullied by teachers and it is now my fifth graders turn.Both children had done quite well until they are in classes with certain teachers.

Posted March 20, 2010
What happened in third grade - the earlier grades things were great and teachers were very good - but 3rd grade is not what i had hoped for - when you talk to the superintendent he appears to listen, but you can tell he is somewhere else - limited offerings and it seems like there is little learning going on - not happy with the staff for those students

Alexander Elementary School 5

Posted August 19, 2009

Alexander Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2009
I currently have two children within the Slater School district. I have been very pleased with the level of interest the faculty seem to have related to the success of their students. I have frequently called to the school to address a situation and have had immediate access to the faculty or the administration. It may be the 'small town' mentality, but it is wonderful! While I would like a little more detail in the communication the school's programs have with the parents, I am very pleased with the educational experience my children have had within this school. Now, if only the community would get behind the band director more...

Posted June 27, 2008
My son was in Mrs. Willis kindergartener class and was sent to the counselor and principal during the first week of school. Though through the guidance and leadership ended the school year with the reading ability and course completion far beyond the years of a kindrgartener. School and progress in acheivement was truely unbeleivable.

Posted April 20, 2008
My grandson is in Mrs. Wilson kindergartener class and he was so scare to start and she has made him feel so good to be in school and now he says he a big boy now he's in school , but our problem now is tha he wants to take Mrs Wilson on into 1st grade..he said that he like's her being his teacher that he don't want any other teacher , that she is doing just find..My daugther and I really like's Mrs. Wilson and we know this is her 1st year here and we think she will be here for years to come..Keep up the good work Mrs. Wilson.

Alexander Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2008
We have had a wonderful experience with our kindergartener this year. Very involved principal and counselor. Mrs. Willis is an exceptional teacher!

Alexander Elementary School
515 North Elm, Slater, MO  65349
Last modified Alexander Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alexander Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top