Springfield, MO

Carver Middle School 1

Posted September 09, 2014
Tired of Carver's inability to understand most parents don't have the luxury of working for the school system. I don't work 7 months a year and get off work at 3pm. I actually have a job that is 9-5, that doesn't make me a bad parent because I can't get off work whenever school has a function or a sport practice ends earlier than they said. Carver Football is a joke. Coaches are rude to both parent and student. My child was actually told "I have a life too" in reference to being picked up 4 minutes late. Yet the coaches hold them 15 minutes late or let them out 15 min early on a whim and we are just supposed to be there to get them. Several teachers are bullies and allowed to yell and belittle a student and that jerk of a principle condones it. Condescending little clown. Just because I'm a parent DOESN'T mean I'm stupid. Coming from another state to this type of school suckss. My kids are miles ahead of their classmates. If I could homeschool my kids I would. They allow girl students to dress like street walkers and boys to dress like gangsters. Terrible school.

Carver Middle School 3

Posted November 16, 2010
With a student in 7th grade, there is absolutely NO homework that comes home. The students are given time at the end of the day in their 'exploratory' classes to finish their assigned work OR they are given silent reading time. Shouldn't this time be used to 'explore' other educational opportunities? Most teachers are well above average with the band teacher being in the exceptional range. The school district in Springfield, MO and their curriculum leave a lot to be desired.

Posted June 09, 2010
I believe that Carver is an excellent middle school. It provides students with the opportunities to achieve in a variety of fields. In the last year Carver students were selected to perform at the regional level in vocal music competition, medaled at the state level in Science Olympiad, published their own original works in "Voices from the MIddle", achieved three city championships in sports and competed at the state level in the Geobee to mention a few. We are one of the few schools on our level to have honor choirs, a jazz band, student symphony and regular produce plays. It is a great place for a student to grow!

Carver Middle School 0

Posted May 02, 2009
My daughter is attending carver this year and she likes it the only problem is she said that her teachers don't exsplain the work they give her. She also said when she ask for help they seem annoyed. I just got her report card and I am very disappointed with her and her teachers. When she comes home with homework I always have to exsplain to her how to do it.

Carver Middle School 1

Posted October 10, 2008

Posted February 11, 2008

Carver Middle School 0

Posted November 23, 2007
I ABSOULETY LOVE ATTENDING Carver Middle School! It is a GREAT, AWESOME middle school!I LOVE IT!

Posted March 15, 2007
My Son just started at Carver this year and it has been an excellent experience for him. The teachers are easy to contact and ask questions. They are involved in communicating with the Parents of Students and I get weekly updates about what my son's class is doing and needs to be doing for the week and coming weeks.

Posted January 10, 2006
GO CMS COUGARS!!! this school is very supportive and caring the teachers are informative and the teams rock.

Posted December 21, 2005
I go to carver middle school. I think that dr. O needs to start being a principal and quit trying to do everything to perfection. He also, need to not give really long lectures.

Carver Middle School
3325 West Battlefield, Springfield, MO  65807
Last modified Carver Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carver Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top