Springfield, MO

Posted April 21, 2014
my school is the best because the teachers care, from the time I went there in the 60's until now when my grandson goes they are always on top of their game.

Posted August 13, 2013
My kids love this school. I have never met any of the teachers that were anything but helpful and nice.... They truly care about your child's education... The principal, I give him an a+!

Posted May 04, 2013
New principal is wonderful, involved and wants to engage with parents. My daughter completed Wonder Years-5th here and my son is about to finish 4th grade. We are moving but staying in this area BECAUSE of Bingham and Dr Meador.

Bingham Elementary School 2

Posted October 24, 2012
Unfortunately my daughter and I have both had far more negative experiences in the almost three years she has gone to Bingham. Parent involvement is low and most teachers are apathetic or worse. Administration does not respond well to parent involvement and this is reflected in the disorganization and problems many students experience in the classroom. we are currently waiting on transfer approval to another school. I would rather drive extra miles to a better school than subject my daughter to a poor educational environment

Posted June 17, 2010
At the beginning of the 2009/2010 year, Bingham got another new principal. He is really great and very involved! My daughter just finished third grade. I wasn't as impressed with the teacher this year, but he was okay. Unfortunately, parent involvement is really low, and the PTA is struggling. The facility is sound and friendly. Most teachers are very helpful and know the students and parents readily. The academics are a bit behind what I wish, as it is a Title 1 school.

Bingham Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2008
New principal at Bingham and she is great!!! The school now has organization when it comes to dimissing classes. She has the children sit inside the building and staff calls the children's names on a microphone in order for them come out and meet their parents. Long over due and much appreciated. I have talked to the principal regarding a few issues with a sub. and the matter was taken seriously. I really like the changes that are being done.

Bingham Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2008
My child has been bullied ALL school year. I have brought it to the attn of the teachers, principal, counselor, etc to no avail. They tell me what they think I want to hear and then my son comes home @ least every other day telling me he's been hit, kicked, pushed by the same two boys. I am NOT happy with Bingham at all.

Bingham Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2007
For the most part I like this school, but the teachers are hit and miss. My oldest loved the school, and my youngest tolerates it. I think they are WAY too strict at lunchtime, though. After school is chaotic, teachers can't keep track of three doors. Overall, though, if you can get one of the teachers that care, the school is just fine for a public school.

Posted April 13, 2006
My husband and i think bingham is a wonderful school! our son is a 1st grader this year and is very happy and successful. We have been blessed that he has had two great teachers, so far. Bingham has a new principal this year and he is doing a great job. I realize that not all of the teachers are good ones, but a handful of them will be retiring after this school year. However, I am disappointed by the lack of parent involvement. I realize that people are busy, but come on, these are our children. Who or what is more important? The music, art, computer, and P.E. Teachers are also great! They love these kids and it shows. I would highly recommend Bingham to anyone. I am proud to be a Bingham Elementary parent and the 2006-2007 pta president! :-)

Posted March 31, 2005

Bingham Elementary School
2126 Cherry, Springfield, MO  65802
Last modified Bingham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bingham Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top