Bad
Good

Our children are doing wonderful and I am glad they are in this school. The teachers are awesome!

Our two sons switched schools in the first marking period. They began to learn and are doing great in school. I am so glad that they are doing their school work and enjoying it.

Since moving our children from Weaver they have done very well. It is nice to see a school that actually cares about our children and their education.

My Son just started Kindergarten this year. We have already had 3 incidents. My Sons name tag was found at the park behind the school by me 1st off I brought it to his teachers attention she seemed not to care. 2nd my Son was upset all weekend long because the teacher blamed him for breaking a CD player that was already broken and was afraid she was mad at him. And 3rd my Son comes home saying that 2 women pushed him down on the playground and he smacked his head into the pole. I bring this up to his teacher she laughs. I'm amazed. I have filled out a volunteer paper to volunteer and they tell me I can't be in the classroom that's crazy! They don't like it when I try to walk my Son into school and if I need to talk to his teacher I can email her. No I want to talk to get face to face. Its ridiculous how lazy some have become. I brought up that my Son is having a difficulty at home with behavior she somewhat laughs and says she will have the counselor talk with him still hasn't happened. I'm amazed at the lack of involved parents. I guess there not used to someone wanting to be involved. It was so bad I filed for a transfer.

I have seen some good changes at this school this year Bissett is working hard on giving the students a better school

My son had a fantastic teacher (Mrs. Cincotta) for 5th grade. There was great communication between her and me. I felt comfortable and supported at all times for any of my concerns. He was in the Math Competition and the other teachers do a great job to support the kids. My son loved his Music teacher too and felt he learned so much. I continued to see my son excited about school and his teachers plus his principal. We are sad to leave this school. Yes, I did volunteer to help support this great school and those in it who go beyond their job descriptions!

This is one of the worst schools our son has ever attended. His teacher (Jill Cook - 4th grade) has gone out of her way to alienate him, but she refuses to communicate with us about her behavior. The principal (Marcie Stallcup) is endorsing a "fund raising" program that takes money away from the school and gives most of to a chain pizza-store that is heavy into supporting private Christian education. I've tried to help with school projects, but my requests are rejected. We can't wait until our son is old enough to get away from this stifling institution.

I have 2 children that attend this school, the teachers are great and my children love going to school everyday, I find the teachers care about my children's education at this school. I am very pleased with Bissett Elementary.

Last modified Bissett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.