Springfield, MO

Cherokee Middle School 4

Posted December 10, 2013
My child had come from the alternative programs and we are a low income family I have found the teachers to be very proactive with my child on his grades however these are teenagers and they need to learn how to take some responsibility and the teachers do try to teach this as well. My child really enjoys Cherokee and for myself I also attended Cherokee when I was younger and I still feel that not everyone can be happy with everything that goes on at a school but Cherokee is doing better than a lot of the middle schools. I am proud that my children will go to this school and not with the best of clothes and they will still fit in. All schools have issues that's life.

Cherokee Middle School 1

Posted April 17, 2013
This school is highly recommended by nearly everyone in town, but it isn't what it seems. If your child is an athlete, you're good. If you can volunteer regularly and can be "popular" with the right parents yourself, your child will be good. If you can keep your child in the latest fashions, it will help. They say they have zero tolerance on bullying, but they do not. Speaking from personal experience, they do tolerate it if the kids belong to the "right" crowd.

Posted March 22, 2010
Hi, I enjoy being at this school. Go Cherokee! I love my teachers. Go Cherokee!

Posted June 21, 2008
We are going on our fifth year as Cherokee parents and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are dedicated and the overall attitude is positive and geared toward the children's future success. My niece attended Cherokee last year (her fifth school in four states) and she told us that Cherokee was the hardest school she'd ever attended but that was okay because the teachers were so helpful. Her assessment: she loved it. And so do we!

Cherokee Middle School

Posted July 11, 2007
I attended my daughter's 6th grade awards ceremony 2007. I was amazed at the achievements. Out of about 60 or 70 students, 75% were in the band. There were about 15-20 students that won the top 10 honors in each of their classes. The teachers were easy to get along with. I didn't feel they gave enough homework as my daughter never seemed to have any. Overall my daughter really liked the school. A Dad

Posted December 31, 2006
My daughter was a new student this year at cherokee. The students in the school are so wonderful and she really connected quickly. This is by far her favorite school. She'smade so many friends. The teachers are great there. A social studies teacher in the 8th grade gives a test every week, and goes too fast in her teaching, but other than that shes a fun teacher. All the teachers are very supportive and great to their students. Its a little to small for the amount of people in the building, but my daughter still likes it.

Cherokee Middle School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
The security at Cherokee is very lax and I don't feel that they fairly discipline. I haven't had a lot of contact with the teachers. But what I have had they seem very dedicated and it does take a special someone to work with pre-teens and teenagers. I have dealt with the assistant principle and he was very helpfull and just seem to have it all together. It is a hard transition from elementary school to Cherokee especially because they have so many students that you are not going to stand out in the crowd they will more than likely be just another student. I don't see alot of individuality at Cherokee, like I said there are just so many students. The school was not built to handle the amount of students that they now have. Also they had to cut several teachers this year (just like all schools in the state) that has just made the situation worse for Cherokee. All in all it's a really good school, with a great staff and an even better student body.

Posted September 09, 2003
Great school I have always enjoyed the atmosphere and experience I have with this school. I have dealt with a number of schools in Springfield and I have never had a bad experience at this school. Needless to say I have not had to deal with the principal and/or teachers therefore, they must be doing their job! The place runs smoothly and my children have been happy. My daughter now attends and is very happy with her experience with the teachers! Great job!

Posted August 10, 2003
2002-2003 was our first year at Cherokee. I was very impressed with the principal, assistant principal and teacher involvement with each child as an individule.

Posted May 30, 2003
Cherokee has a great varity of programs. They are really strong in Character education. And have a one of a kind Book Talk Program this schools grade is about a 92%.

Cherokee Middle School
420 East Farm Rd 182, Springfield, MO  65810
Last modified Cherokee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherokee Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top