Springfield, MO

Posted December 25, 2014
HH is a amazing school!!!!My youngest child is in 6th grade and she is doing so well,learning,socially, and Mentally!!I highly recommend this school for your Tweens!!!

Hickory Hills Middle School 3

Posted May 15, 2013
For the most part, my kids have had good experiences here. However, I must say that when my normally conscientious daughter started slacking a bit in eighth grade, there was little support from the teachers. As a teacher, I know how important we think parental involvement is, however, when I asked for an update on my student only 3 out of 7 teachers responded, and only one of them was a core teacher. I hope to move before my next child is in middle school.

Posted February 05, 2013
My child has attended this school since the middle of 6th grade. The teachers are extreemly rude! Their lack of interest in teaching the subjects is going to leave these students struggling in HS! They give out papers to complete & tell them to figure it out by themselves & get mad if the children ask for help. I have a straight A student who has been on the honor roll every semester! We have been in sports now and found the coaches to be very lacking! They choose kids who have been in club sports and that is who they favor and coach. The rest are viewed as a distraction from the elite. The coaches are allowed to scream at the kids and belittle them in front of each other! It's crazy! We are leaving the school to go to a better school in a different district! This one is a pathetic school and the principal is no more than a "pretty face" at the school. He will tell you to your face what he feels you want to hear and then do nothing about the situation you've expressed concern in. Amazing!! The school video tapes the students, yet the parents are not allowed to see the videos!

Hickory Hills Middle School 4

Posted November 01, 2012
I like HH and my child likes it as well. I feel my child is valued by 95% of the staff and my communication and input is always welcomed. I respect the principal and have never felt that my child was less important than another! I recommend this school and have found that most of my child's teachers have been motivating, concerned and involved! LOVE the location and area as well...ALSO my child's bus driver is caring and concerned!

Posted June 30, 2012
HHMS is one of the worse Middle Schools in Springfield If not the worse , The principal Should be fired he does NOTHING , He is more concerned in his appearance and rubbing shoulders with the rich parents , Then the kids or there education , If your child plays sports DO NOT send them to HH , Both PE teachers , Cooper and Castillo are Coaches And what a joke either one couldnt coach a flea , Most of the teachers are there to collect a paycheck PERIOD , IT should give you a glue when they can not keep a asst principal more then one year , That is a HUGE red flag right there , My oldest went to HHMS my youngest will not even if I have to drive him across town , To another middle school , IT is a Horrible School ,

Posted June 30, 2012
I am a former student of HHMS (I graduated about four years ago) and can say with absolute sincerity that I feel it was the worst educational experience I've ever had. I attended Pittman Elementary School and had nearly straight As every year, as well as nearly perfect attendance. I didn't "like school" per se but I definitely didn't hate it, either. That all changed at Hickory. Other than 6th grade, I was stuck with mediocre teachers who didn't express genuine interest in me as a student or make much of an effort to make their material interesting. I was bullied with nearly no response by the administration and teachers despite it being quite evidence. The school did very poorly with contact, at least at the time, and my mother was unable to get much information about the classes beyond the intro days. i was also required to take Art despite having zero interest and being very poor at it, and was graded on performance. I can go on and on, but I'd really advise against sending your kid here. I went to HS in a different state and graduated in the top 10% of a 650 kid class and will be getting 45K a year in scholarships/aid from a top 50 school. I was getting Cs and Ds at Hickory.

Posted November 06, 2009
This school has been my childrens home for over 12 yrs from my eldest that is graduating this year from GH to my youngest that is in second grade. What can I say. It's just fabulous. SO: help out our fab school by entering a contest for HH to win $20,000 http://www.care2.com/schoolcontest/2901887

Posted October 13, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009

Posted November 21, 2007

Hickory Hills Middle School
3429 East Trafficway, Springfield, MO  65802
Last modified Hickory Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hickory Hills Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top