Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted December 26, 2011
I went to Hillcrest. If it hadn't been for a few great teachers, band and colorguard I would not have finished probably. I can't count how many pregnancies I had to witness let alone drugs or overdoses. There was not much discipline going on at this school. It seemed like quite a few teachers cared about the students, however, the principles did not. I also got kicked out of the A+ program right before my senior year for "low" attendance(my attendance was 94%) when others we're given a second chance..

Posted August 27, 2009
My child is a junior, she has all honors classes and in the A+ program. Hillcrest has alot to offer the students if they want to participate.The staff is great, the kids I talk to love this school.My daughter has homework all the time. They have a new science wing, A/C ,and books too.Things have changed alot.

Posted September 17, 2008
Hillcrest was an amazing school and I know that it s not as popular as Kickapoo or Central, but we try. I am post grad and for the most part Hillcrest helped me become who I am today. Hillcrest has a unique disposition, being nearly the only North Side School, with students well under the poverty level, Hillcrest has challenges other (South Side) schools never have to face in large numbers. Instead of dwelling on how they 'turn a blind eye' Think about what they re doing to better themselves. When I attended, not that long ago, I knew that this school did not have the same minerals and quality as other neighboring schools. It s the parents not willing to step up and fight for this school. Teachers and Facilities hands are tied due to the community not willing to help more, then HHS can succeed.

Posted April 08, 2008
I am a student of hillcrest and must say that is one of the worst schools in springfield. The teachers are the only reason i gave this schoool a two when it should be none. And i say this because most of the teachers are outstanding it is the school administration that is pathetic. They take those that are not guilty of anything and punish them as if they did and those to which did they turned a blind eye. I regret that i had to go to this school.

Posted May 04, 2007
I am the parent of 2 daughters ages 25 and 18. They both have attended Hillcrest. My oldest did not graduate and ended up getting her GED. My youngest will graduate on the 21st of May. This is a really bad school district. Not just Hillcrest, but the teachers and the principal do not cooperate with parents. They don't send notes home, or call or act like they even care about the students. There are no books. And most of the teachers do not give homework. I offered to buy books, But they told me they could not let me do that because it would not be fair to the other students. We bought our house in this district, if I would have known how horrible the school district was, I would have bought our house somewhere else!

Posted July 14, 2005
Hillcrest has much to offer! My daughter attended for 4 years and the faculty and staff at Hillcrest helped to mold her into what she is today! The extracurricular activities and support from others in this school are fantastic! Students can get out of this school whatever they choose to; it's truly up to their desires. Hillcrest has so many amazing programs to offer students - and at this school, the students are encouraged to live up to their full potential. Hillcrest is a northside school, lower income than others in the district - but in my opinion a fantastic school. There have been some changes in the past year since my daughter was there - a new principle and a new speech coach to name a few - so I can't speak about how that is going now.

Posted November 21, 2004
Hillcrest has had it's fair share of ups and downs but it keeps things interesting. Hillcrest is by far the best school acedemically that I could have my children attend. They are strict but fair and have the best speech team in the state. I wouldn't have my daughter attend another school. She is flourishing with straight A's in her honors classes. This is becase of the teachers. My daughter just does the work.

Posted August 25, 2003
Both of my daughters are now students at Hillcrest, and I wouldn't have them attend any other school. The teachers are caring and committed to providing the best possible education to their students (They have an excellent Honors program), and the JROTC program is, in my opinion, one of the best. Go, Hillcrest!

Hillcrest High School
3319 North Grant, Springfield, MO  65803
Last modified Hillcrest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.