Posted November 05, 2014
I have a child in second grade. We have been blessed with wonderful teachers each year. We are also blessed that South Haven Baptist interacts with our school regularly throughout the year. I believe parental involvement is greatly lacking. Principal has been very friendly and seems to know every child.

Posted August 15, 2013
First I must say this school did not do anything to me to write such negative words in regarding their school. I was at this school signing my children up for school , and had the opprituity to observe as I waited for paperwork. First I seen the staff over reacting to parents request to walk her crying boy to his classroom. They made the parent feel as though she was not welcomed ,and yelled at the woman in a sarcastic way. I seen children all around to watch MTE staff act as if they were correction officers rather then a positive rolemodel to our children. One little boy was crying in the hall as he was lost the staff at MTE passed him without even asking what's wrong. To put your child in the care of such people is a mistake. If you want the best for your child ......RUN . I never did leave my children there as I didn't want to have my children being exposed to such cruelty. Not to mention the smell of the building made my stomach turn, might have a mold issue.

Mark Twain Elementary School 5

Posted August 07, 2013
I like this school. The kids there are very nice and the teachers are exceptionally nice! I Suggest your kids going here.

Posted September 10, 2012
This school has a very big bulling problem and the problem is ignored. I had to move my kids from this school because of this problem. As for parent involvement it doesn't do a lot of good without help on the other end this school don't appreciate parent involvement.

Mark Twain Elementary School 0

Posted July 19, 2009
So far, I think it is a good school, not the best, or horrible. It is a good school and academically, i have no complain.

Mark Twain Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2009
Unfortunately, leadership is lacking at this school and the teaching my child received was very uneven. Personal experience with some teaching staff was extremely unprofessional. the principal is doing very little to weed out those teachers who are just 'biding their time,' while they waste the precious time of the students they are trained professionally to serve and inspire.' A lot of bulling goes on there and nothing gets done about it.

Posted July 28, 2008
This is not a good school a lot of bulling goes on there and nothing gets done about it very poor teachers also.

Posted June 05, 2007
WE need more parent involvement

Posted March 20, 2005

Mark Twain Elementary School
2352 South Weaver, Springfield, MO  65807
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top